FireFox Developer

Nima Sharifimehr-2
FireFox Developer, NETSECURE TECHNOLOGIES LTD
Full Time Position
Regina, SK, CANADA; Saskatoon, SK, CANADA; Vancouver, BC, CANADA; Victoria, BC, CANADA 1 Position(s)
As a key member of our product development team, you will be responsible for developing customizations, extensions, and applications for the Firefox web browser.   You will work to customize Firefox to provide secure transaction processing extensions and customizations using Dynamic SSL technology, designed to provide comprehensive protection for end-users from spyware, malware, and to provide a safe online shopping and online banking experience.  You will be a key member in a challenging and exciting project, requiring creative problem solving and outside-the-box thinking.
Candidates must be proficient in C++ programming and scripting technique, and must have a post-secondary degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of professional software development experience, or equivalent combinations of education and experience.  Candidates should have demonstrated experience working with open source software.  Candidates should be familiar with Firefox architecture, XPCOM, and XPIDL, XBL, XUL (Gecko), XPInstall, RDF and Javascript.  Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge security architectures, encryption, SSL/TLS, and PKI infrastructure.
NetSecure Technologies, Ltd is a leading innovator in online transaction security solutions.  NetSecure offers an attractive and flexible work environment, ordered towards the personal and professional development of its employees.
Netsecure Technologies Ltd appreciates all submitted resumes however only candidates who best match the position and requirements will be in contact for an interview.  Resume and cover letter may be emailed to [hidden email] or faxed to (306) 205-1927.
 For more details on Netsecure Technologies Ltd and our product, please check out our website at www.smartswipe.ca .
Apply Via Email: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> or
Apply Online : http://www.workopolis.com/EN/job/10646708

Cheers,

Nima Sharifimehr
Team Leader - Application Security Analyst
NetSecure Technologies, Ltd
[hidden email]
Mobile: (306)591-6565

Re: FireFox Developer

Jason Spiro-7
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Nima Sharifimehr
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> FireFox Developer, NETSECURE TECHNOLOGIES LTD
> Full Time Position
> Regina, SK, CANADA; Saskatoon, SK, CANADA; Vancouver, BC, CANADA; Victoria, BC,
> CANADA 1 Position(s)

Hi Nima.  Thanks for emailing your job posting to the jobs list.  But
this is a global list, so I wonder:  How many developers are you
looking to hire in total?  And in which of the above cities will they
work?  Are you willing to consider sponsoring people who live outside
Canada to come work in Canada?  Are you willing to hire someone who
will telecommute from elsewhere in Canada or the world?

> As a key member of our product development team, you will be responsible for developing
> customizations, extensions, and applications for the Firefox web browser.   You will work to
> customize Firefox to provide secure transaction processing extensions and customizations
> using Dynamic SSL technology, designed to provide comprehensive protection for end-users
> from spyware, malware, and to provide a safe online shopping and online banking experience.

The above was confusing to me, so I took a look at your website.  Then
I found that your company makes a credit card reader called SmartSwipe
which protects users from hardware and software keyloggers while
making online credit card purchases.

But who buys your devices?

*  IIRC in Canada, credit card holders have zero liability for
fraudulent transactions made using their stolen credit card numbers,
right?  Are there any countries where credit card holders do have
liability in such cases?

*  Have any credit card companies expressed any interest in providing
SmartSwipe devices to customers for free or cheap?

It seems to me you are a startup, right?  May I ask on-list:  what is
your financial situation?

> Apply Via Email: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> or

Who is A. Gartner:  an HR person?  Who will be doing resume screening:
 you, or an HR person?

Please Reply to All.

Kind regards,
--
Jason Spiro: software/web developer, packager, trainer, IT consultant.
I support Linux, UNIX, Windows, and more. Contact me to discuss your needs.