File inputs

Boris Zbarsky
So I was just looking at the file input reflow code....  It has nasty hacks to
make the textfield and button be the same height, etc.  On trunk, could we just
go ahead and nuke the textfield altogether?  Replace it with a TextNode showing
the filename or something?  Or would that cause issues for long filenames?

-Boris

Re: File inputs

Robert O'Callahan-3
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> So I was just looking at the file input reflow code....  It has nasty
> hacks to make the textfield and button be the same height, etc.  On
> trunk, could we just go ahead and nuke the textfield altogether?
> Replace it with a TextNode showing the filename or something?  Or would
> that cause issues for long filenames?

We could style it with text-overflow. And implement text-overflow :-)
(which is something I'm hoping to do).

Rob

Re: File inputs

Boris Zbarsky
Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> We could style it with text-overflow. And implement text-overflow :-)
> (which is something I'm hoping to do).

For 1.9?

-Boris

Re: File inputs

Robert O'Callahan-3
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>> We could style it with text-overflow. And implement text-overflow :-)
>> (which is something I'm hoping to do).
>
> For 1.9?

Yes

Rob