[Fennec] Upcoming string change in Beta

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Hi,
A string landed today in Fennec.

<!ENTITY fullscreen_warning "Entered full screen">

It's a notification displayed at the bottom of the screen (a "Snackbar"
in Android) when the user enters full screen mode.

This string is also going to be uplifted to Beta in the coming days.

Francesco

Re: [Fennec] Upcoming string change in Beta

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Quick follow-up.

a) If you're localizing on Mercurial, ignore the fact that the string
landed on Beta with a completely different text than Nightly.
Translate the string as "Entered full screen". If it turns out that's
not the right thing to do (it should), I'll update the mailing list
once again.

b) "How am I supposed to translate a string for Fennec in Beta on Pontoon?"

Good question, I overlooked the fact that Pontoon doesn't have a
Fennec Beta project. That's because Fennec has normally so few new
strings that we never felt the need to enable localization for Beta.

We're going to add the project early next week, likely on Monday.

Before that, we want to a) wait for the correct string to land in Beta
and b) land performance improvements for Pontoon syncs to Mercurial.

Francesco