Fenix L10n Update -- 28 Feb

Jeff Beatty
Hey everyone,

Welcome to, what I plan as being, the first of regular updates around Fenix
l10n. Thanks to everyone helping us to create a consistent and stable
localized user experience with our new Android browser, Fenix.

*Milestones*
- Feature complete date: *6 March*
- Source string freeze date: *6 March*
- Localized string freeze date: end of March
- Fenix launch date: within April 2020

*Current progress*
- Average Fenix completion percentage across all locales: *60% (8%
increase)*
- Average Fennec completion percentage across all locales: *90%*

*Important info*
- Just a reminder, you can find the Fenix Nightly builds in the Google Play
Store [2] for testing your localization. *Please take the time to test!*
Your language will appear in the app settings once you begin localizing the
project in Pontoon and the Fenix team imports your locale into the build
process. If you don't localize the project, your language will not appear
in the builds. Please note that at least Android 5 is necessary to use and
test Fenix on an Android device.
- I'll spend next week reaching out to communities who have not yet begun
localizing to offer help.
- I have created an event in the new community portal for Fenix
localization [3]. If you would like to organize a local l10n hackathon in
the coming weeks to bring your locale to 100% complete, please reach out to
a Resource Rep. Budget requests from Resource Reps [4] for under USD$100
will be fast-tracked for approval.

We're thrilled to see Fenix become a more useful version of the browser we
all love on Android. Thank you in advance for your help to make this
possible!

Jeff
-----
[1] https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/android-l10n/tags/fenix/