Feature Suggestion "Close the current tab when i pressed 'Esc' button"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Feature Suggestion "Close the current tab when i pressed 'Esc' button"

Aruna sl
I am using Firefox 22.0 (on Windows 8, And the browser working Great) It would be great to have:

1. A new 'Option' (Chek box) on the Main menu --> Tools --> Options --> Tabs > "Close the current tab when i pressed 'Esc' button".
This is because, it is bit annoying to point the mouse to the 'close box' on the 'current tab head' on my Laptop's TouchPad. Specially when opened a lot of tabs. Also provide this function by a Keyboard shortcut.

2. Another (not so urrgent)feature, Only usefull to the heavy web suffers:
A button with a tool tip displaying "Show my current 'tab head' (on the tab bar)". & do the same.
This is only usefull if you have opened a lot of tabs (normally more than 15) and scrolled Back & Foward using the 'Tab scrolling arrows' (at the beggining and the end of the 'tab bar') looking just the tab heads' titles WITOUT CLICKING THEM. 'The Current Tab', its web address in the 'address bar' is visible, But it's 'Tab Head' (which contain the 'close' button') is gone! (you have to 'Search' for it on the 'tab bar' scrolling back & forward).
 
Thanks.
Keep up the good works.
_______________________________________________
dev-quality mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-quality
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Suggestion "Close the current tab when i pressed 'Esc' button"

Kevin Brosnan
On Jul 20, 2013 3:15 AM, "Aruna sl" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am using Firefox 22.0 (on Windows 8, And the browser working Great) It
would be great to have:
>
> 1. A new 'Option' (Chek box) on the Main menu --> Tools --> Options -->
Tabs > "Close the current tab when i pressed 'Esc' button".
> This is because, it is bit annoying to point the mouse to the 'close box'
on the 'current tab head' on my Laptop's TouchPad. Specially when opened a
lot of tabs. Also provide this function by a Keyboard shortcut.
>

The escape key has been mapped to the stop button on Gecko browsers for 15
years. This would be a radical change for existing users. I would suggest
that if you want that behavior it would be best as an extension.

> 2. Another (not so urrgent)feature, Only usefull to the heavy web suffers:
> A button with a tool tip displaying "Show my current 'tab head' (on the
tab bar)". & do the same.
> This is only usefull if you have opened a lot of tabs (normally more than
15) and scrolled Back & Foward using the 'Tab scrolling arrows' (at the
beggining and the end of the 'tab bar') looking just the tab heads' titles
WITOUT CLICKING THEM. 'The Current Tab', its web address in the 'address
bar' is visible, But it's 'Tab Head' (which contain the 'close' button') is
gone! (you have to 'Search' for it on the 'tab bar' scrolling back &
forward).
>

We have found that most users have fewer than 8 tabs open. A dedicated
button to focus the current tab would not be useful to most Firefox users.
Once again this would be a good extension.

> Thanks.
> Keep up the good works.
> _______________________________________________
> dev-quality mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-quality

Thank you for the suggestions.

Kevin Brosnan
_______________________________________________
dev-quality mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-quality
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Suggestion "Close the current tab when i pressed 'Esc' button"

Mario Garbi
In reply to this post by Aruna sl
Aruna have you tried CTRL + W? ;)

On 07/20/2013 01:11 PM, Aruna sl wrote:

> I am using Firefox 22.0 (on Windows 8, And the browser working Great) It would be great to have:
>
> 1. A new 'Option' (Chek box) on the Main menu --> Tools --> Options --> Tabs > "Close the current tab when i pressed 'Esc' button".
> This is because, it is bit annoying to point the mouse to the 'close box' on the 'current tab head' on my Laptop's TouchPad. Specially when opened a lot of tabs. Also provide this function by a Keyboard shortcut.
>
> 2. Another (not so urrgent)feature, Only usefull to the heavy web suffers:
> A button with a tool tip displaying "Show my current 'tab head' (on the tab bar)". & do the same.
> This is only usefull if you have opened a lot of tabs (normally more than 15) and scrolled Back & Foward using the 'Tab scrolling arrows' (at the beggining and the end of the 'tab bar') looking just the tab heads' titles WITOUT CLICKING THEM. 'The Current Tab', its web address in the 'address bar' is visible, But it's 'Tab Head' (which contain the 'close' button') is gone! (you have to 'Search' for it on the 'tab bar' scrolling back & forward).
>  
> Thanks.
> Keep up the good works.
> _______________________________________________
> dev-quality mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-quality


--
Mario Garbi | QA - SoftVision
Phone: 0725.915.595

_______________________________________________
dev-quality mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-quality