FF2b2 release?

J. Koch
Hi all,

does anyone know, when the FF2b2 is going to be released?

I was expecting it for the 23rd of August?

Thanks a lot,
Lockhead

Re: FF2b2 release?

Petr Tomeš
25 Aug 2006 00:13:18 -0700, J. Koch <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
>
> does anyone know, when the FF2b2 is going to be released?
>
> I was expecting it for the 23rd of August?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Lockhead

30th of August
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=pdighgf028nmbjbrno8oed8vsg%40group.calendar.google.com

Petr Tomeš

Re: FF2b2 release?

Jeff Schiller
Ok, it's the 31st and the Beta 2 page is still not live...what's the
updated date?

Thanks,
Jeff

Petr Tomeš wrote:

> 25 Aug 2006 00:13:18 -0700, J. Koch <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > does anyone know, when the FF2b2 is going to be released?
> >
> > I was expecting it for the 23rd of August?
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> > Lockhead
>
> 30th of August
> http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=pdighgf028nmbjbrno8oed8vsg%40group.calendar.google.com
>
> Petr Tomeš

Re: FF2b2 release?

Pavel Cvrcek-3
schiller wrote:
> Ok, it's the 31st and the Beta 2 page is still not live...what's the
> updated date?

Today. See:
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox2/StatusMeetings/2006-08-29

Regards,

Pavel Cvrcek

Re: FF2b2 release?

Mike Beltzner
Hey there,

We appreciate your eagerness, and are still on target for an afternoon (PDT) release today. Please watch this newsgroup and Mozilla Developer News (http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews) for the announcement.

Thanks,
Mike

Petr Tomeš wrote:

> 25 Aug 2006 00:13:18 -0700, J. Koch <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > does anyone know, when the FF2b2 is going to be released?
> >
> > I was expecting it for the 23rd of August?
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> > Lockhead
>
> 30th of August
> http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=pdighgf028nmbjbrno8oed8vsg%40group.calendar.google.com
>
> Petr Tomeš

Re: FF2b2 release?

t0se

schiller wrote:

> Ok, it's the 31st and the Beta 2 page is still not live...what's the
> updated date?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>
> Petr Tomeš wrote:
> > 25 Aug 2006 00:13:18 -0700, J. Koch <[hidden email]>:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > does anyone know, when the FF2b2 is going to be released?
> > >
> > > I was expecting it for the 23rd of August?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot,
> > > Lockhead
> >
> > 30th of August
> > http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=pdighgf028nmbjbrno8oed8vsg%40group.calendar.google.com
> >
> > Petr Tomeš

Well, Firefox 2 Beta 2 is on the server and it can be downloaded here:
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/2.0b2/

Have a nice day!

Re: FF2b2 release?

Mike Connor-4
Please do not link directly to the release directory (ever!).  While
that URL hits our ftp round-robin, it can overload servers because it
does not effectively load balance.  The real download URL will be
posted once the release is finalized, which will use the bouncer load
balancing tool we use to spread the load effectively.

Thanks.

-- Mike

On 31-Aug-06, at 11:03 AM, t0se wrote:

> schiller wrote:
>> Ok, it's the 31st and the Beta 2 page is still not live...what's the
>> updated date?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jeff
>>
>> Petr Tomeš wrote:

>>> 30th of August
>>> http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?
>>> src=pdighgf028nmbjbrno8oed8vsg%40group.calendar.google.com
>>>
>>> Petr Tomeš
>
> Well, Firefox 2 Beta 2 is on the server and it can be downloaded here:
> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/2.0b2/
>
> Have a nice day!

Re: FF2b2 release?

Alex Faaborg
> Please do not link directly to the release directory (ever!).

Mike,
Just a heads up that someone linked to the release directory and it got
onto the Digg homepage.  The link appears at the end of the news story,
and 7 times in the comments.
http://www.digg.com/tech_news/Firefox_2_0_Beta_2_is_Out
-Alex