FF bookmark import does not import

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FF bookmark import does not import

Ray Davison
I have the profile that I use for SM272 set to auto export bookmarks to
HTML.  Based on the time stamp it seems to be doing that.

In FF1007 went to import from HTML and pointed it to the SM HTML file.
And closed and restarted FF.  Twice.  The FF bookmarks did not change.

Is the above supposed to work?

Ray
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FF bookmark import does not import

Steve Wendt
On 9/19/2012 9:32 AM, Ray Davison wrote:

> In FF1007 went to import from HTML and pointed it to the SM HTML file.
> And closed and restarted FF.  Twice.  The FF bookmarks did not change.
>
> Is the above supposed to work?

Yes - you shouldn't have to restart, and as I recall the bookmarks are
not replaced, but added to the existing ones (which means that the
Personal Toolbar ones won't change, for instance).

_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FF bookmark import does not import

Brendan McCullough
In reply to this post by Ray Davison
Ray Davison wrote:
> I have the profile that I use for SM272 set to auto export bookmarks to
> HTML. Based on the time stamp it seems to be doing that.
>
> In FF1007 went to import from HTML and pointed it to the SM HTML file.
> And closed and restarted FF. Twice. The FF bookmarks did not change.
>
> Is the above supposed to work?
>
> Ray

Have you tried using Sync?  I love the way it remembers Bookmarks,
History and Passwords across several platforms.
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FF bookmark import does not import

Ray Davison
Brendan McCullough wrote:
>
> Have you tried using Sync? I love the way it remembers Bookmarks,
> History and Passwords across several platforms.

No.  There was some predecessor thing that I tried years ago.  As I
recall I could not make it do anything useful.  That may have made me
not take Sync seriously.

I used to put the bookmarks file in a neutral location and point all
profiles to it.  I would still prefer that.  I have a decades long
aversion to multiple databases; that is what we used to call copies.
Computers supposedly made it easy for all to have the same data.  If we
needed to put a copy on another device, that was a daughter product by
definition, and was not to be altered.  Now we want the same data on
several devices, all portable.  The Win 8 solution to that is to not
have any local data, everything in "the cloud".  No connection, no work.

Ray


_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FF bookmark import does not import

Dave Yeo-3
In reply to this post by Ray Davison
On 09/19/12 09:32 am, Ray Davison wrote:
> I have the profile that I use for SM272 set to auto export bookmarks to
> HTML. Based on the time stamp it seems to be doing that.
>
> In FF1007 went to import from HTML and pointed it to the SM HTML file.
> And closed and restarted FF. Twice. The FF bookmarks did not change.
>
> Is the above supposed to work?
>

I tested with a fairly new FF profile. It worked fine with the imported
bookmarks showing up right away (no restart) in the bookmarks folder.
Dave
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2