Extensions screw-up

Frosted Flake-2
How about one of you knowledgeable folks posting a step-by-step
procedure for fixing this.  Give it a subject like 'step-by-step fix for
extensions'
--
Frosted Flake

Re: Extensions screw-up

Big Al-3
On 5/5/19 10:51 AM, Frosted Flake wrote:
> How about one of you knowledgeable folks posting a step-by-step
> procedure for fixing this.  Give it a subject like 'step-by-step fix for
> extensions'
Wait, FF knows it's their fault and a fix is coming.

Re: Extensions screw-up

WaltS48-9
On 5/5/19 10:51 AM, Frosted Flake wrote:
> How about one of you knowledgeable folks posting a step-by-step
> procedure for fixing this.  Give it a subject like 'step-by-step fix for
> extensions'

Not reviewing all the threads to see if this was in one of them but this
is the process.

"To provide this fix on short notice, we are using the Studies system.
This system is enabled by default, and no action is needed unless
Studies have been disabled. Firefox users can check if they have Studies
enabled by going to:

     Firefox Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Allow Firefox
to install and run studies (scroll down to find the setting)"

REF:
<https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/>

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop

Re: Extensions screw-up

David E. Ross-3
On 5/5/2019 7:51 AM, Frosted Flake wrote:
> How about one of you knowledgeable folks posting a step-by-step
> procedure for fixing this.  Give it a subject like 'step-by-step fix for
> extensions'

Note Well:  This is NOT a problem with SeaMonkey.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump claims he is the most open and transparent
President ever.  Then why does he refuse to disclose his tax
returns, financial statements, and visitor schedule the way
previous Presidents did?

Re: Extensions screw-up

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 05/05/2019 15:51, Frosted Flake wrote:
> How about one of you knowledgeable folks posting a step-by-step
> procedure for fixing this.  Give it a subject like 'step-by-step fix
> for extensions'
How about trying to live your life without any Add-Ons?   It's time to
get used to using Apps without any Add-Ons.

Add-Ons can introduce bugs and malware because nobody has the time to
look at their codes and scrutinise them.  Therefore, to be safe avoid them.

I was using only one Add-On called ColorZilla but that had stopped
working but it is not the end of me using FF,  In any case I wasn't
actually dependent on that Add-On so I'm not missing it.  In fact I
didn't realise it has stopped working until I saw spam posts talking
about Add-Ons here and on Windows 10 Newsgroup.  I have now filtered all
posts about this crap on Windows because it is generating hundreds of
useless posts.

[---------> This post is best viewed when HTML is enabled --------->]

*LIFE MUST GO ON WITH OR WITHOUT ADD-ONS*

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Extensions screw-up

Frosted Flake-2
😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:

> On 05/05/2019 15:51, Frosted Flake wrote:
>> How about one of you knowledgeable folks posting a step-by-step
>> procedure for fixing this.  Give it a subject like 'step-by-step fix
>> for extensions'
> How about trying to live your life without any Add-Ons?   It's time to
> get used to using Apps without any Add-Ons.
>
> Add-Ons can introduce bugs and malware because nobody has the time to
> look at their codes and scrutinise them.  Therefore, to be safe avoid them.
>
> I was using only one Add-On called ColorZilla but that had stopped
> working but it is not the end of me using FF,  In any case I wasn't
> actually dependent on that Add-On so I'm not missing it.  In fact I
> didn't realise it has stopped working until I saw spam posts talking
> about Add-Ons here and on Windows 10 Newsgroup.  I have now filtered all
> posts about this crap on Windows because it is generating hundreds of
> useless posts.
>
> [---------> This post is best viewed when HTML is enabled --------->]
>
> *LIFE MUST GO ON WITH OR WITHOUT ADD-ONS*
>

> --
> With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
> satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.
The ONLY addon that I really use is Roboform and I can work around that,
it is just a PITA to do so.

How do YOU manage passwords without using the cloud?

--
Frosted Flake

Re: Extensions screw-up

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 05/05/2019 20:54, Frosted Flake wrote:

> 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
>> On 05/05/2019 15:51, Frosted Flake wrote:
>>> How about one of you knowledgeable folks posting a step-by-step
>>> procedure for fixing this.  Give it a subject like 'step-by-step fix
>>> for extensions'
>> How about trying to live your life without any Add-Ons?   It's time
>> to get used to using Apps without any Add-Ons.
>>
>> Add-Ons can introduce bugs and malware because nobody has the time to
>> look at their codes and scrutinise them.  Therefore, to be safe avoid
>> them.
>>
>> I was using only one Add-On called ColorZilla but that had stopped
>> working but it is not the end of me using FF,  In any case I wasn't
>> actually dependent on that Add-On so I'm not missing it.  In fact I
>> didn't realise it has stopped working until I saw spam posts talking
>> about Add-Ons here and on Windows 10 Newsgroup.  I have now filtered
>> all posts about this crap on Windows because it is generating
>> hundreds of useless posts.
>>
>> [---------> This post is best viewed when HTML is enabled --------->]
>>
>> *LIFE MUST GO ON WITH OR WITHOUT ADD-ONS*
>>

> The ONLY addon that I really use is Roboform and I can work around
> that, it is just a PITA to do so.
>
> How do YOU manage passwords without using the cloud?

FF and TB has got its own password manager.  Also, I try not to have
anything in TB or FF and I keep a text file with my passwords which only
I can understand it because is os all jumbled up DELIBERATELY. I have
about 90 usernames/passwords in this text file but it requires lots of
work and intelligence for someone trying to decrypt it!!

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Extensions screw-up

The Real Bev
On 05/05/2019 12:54 PM, Frosted Flake wrote:

> 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
>> On 05/05/2019 15:51, Frosted Flake wrote:
>>> How about one of you knowledgeable folks posting a step-by-step
>>> procedure for fixing this.  Give it a subject like 'step-by-step fix
>>> for extensions'
>> How about trying to live your life without any Add-Ons?   It's time to
>> get used to using Apps without any Add-Ons.
>>
>> Add-Ons can introduce bugs and malware because nobody has the time to
>> look at their codes and scrutinise them.  Therefore, to be safe avoid them.
>>
>> I was using only one Add-On called ColorZilla but that had stopped
>> working but it is not the end of me using FF,  In any case I wasn't
>> actually dependent on that Add-On so I'm not missing it.  In fact I
>> didn't realise it has stopped working until I saw spam posts talking
>> about Add-Ons here and on Windows 10 Newsgroup.  I have now filtered all
>> posts about this crap on Windows because it is generating hundreds of
>> useless posts.
>>
>> [---------> This post is best viewed when HTML is enabled --------->]
>>
>> *LIFE MUST GO ON WITH OR WITHOUT ADD-ONS*
>
> The ONLY addon that I really use is Roboform and I can work around that,
> it is just a PITA to do so.
>
> How do YOU manage passwords without using the cloud?

I let Firefox do it.  I also keep a text file.  Good enough.

--
Cheers, Bev
    "Some people say that when it rains it means that God is crying,

Re: Extensions screw-up

Sailfish-4
5/5/2019 5:16 PM:

>> How do YOU manage passwords without using the cloud?
>
> I let Firefox do it.  I also keep a text file.  Good enough.

...and I save my financial passwords in apps, browsers nor text files.

--
Sailfish

Re: Extensions screw-up

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 05/05/2019 15:51, Frosted Flake wrote:
> How about one of you knowledgeable folks posting a step-by-step
> procedure for fixing this.  Give it a subject like 'step-by-step fix
> for extensions'

Nobody has given you the "Step By Step" instructions yet so I suggest do
this:

1) Launch FF
2) Type About:Config in the address bar
3) When you get a box asking you to be careful etc accept this for this
change;
4) Search for "xpinstall.signatures.required"  without the quotes;
5) On the ONLY one item in the list, right click on it
6) Make sure it is false
7) Close FF and launch again for changes to take effect
8) all your Add-Ons will now work until you update FF again.

Please note:  This is temporary fix because checking certificates is a
security requirements but since you have been using these add-Ons for a
very long time the risk is not that much to worry about.

Good luck.

😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:

> 1) Launch FF
Thank you

--
Frosted Flake

Re: Extensions screw-up

clay-14
😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
> On 05/05/2019 15:51, Frosted Flake wrote:
>> How about one of you knowledgeable folks posting a step-by-step
>> procedure for fixing this.  Give it a subject like 'step-by-step fix
>> for extensions'
> How about trying to live your life without any Add-Ons?   It's time to
> get used to using Apps without any Add-Ons...

How about trying to live your life without shoes, or glasses, or underwear?

Re: Extensions screw-up

The Real Bev
On 05/06/2019 12:21 PM, clay wrote:
> 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
>> On 05/05/2019 15:51, Frosted Flake wrote:
>>> How about one of you knowledgeable folks posting a step-by-step
>>> procedure for fixing this.  Give it a subject like 'step-by-step fix
>>> for extensions'
>> How about trying to live your life without any Add-Ons?   It's time to
>> get used to using Apps without any Add-Ons...
>
> How about trying to live your life without shoes, or glasses, or underwear?

Hey, that's the way god intended we should live.  If he'd wanted us to
have that stuff it would have been included.

--
Cheers, Bev
    It's true that Smokey Bear deserves praise for his

Re: Extensions screw-up

clay-14
The Real Bev wrote:

> On 05/06/2019 12:21 PM, clay wrote:
>> 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
>>> How about trying to live your life without any Add-Ons?   It's time to
>>> get used to using Apps without any Add-Ons...
>>
>> How about trying to live your life without shoes, or glasses, or underwear?
>
> Hey, that's the way god intended we should live.  If he'd wanted us to
> have that stuff it would have been included.

;)