Extensions do not install on Win-2000

Hans Wolf
When I try to install a Firefox extension under Win-2000, after clicking
on the XPI file nothing happens.

Now I cannot recall whether I ever managed to install extensions on ANY of
my Win-2000 computers.
J2SE Environment is installed on these computers.

What should be done to extend the XPI to the Win-2000 platform?

Hans

Re: Extensions do not install on Win-2000

sofakingfree
they won't install on XP either. What is wrong with Firefox?

Hans Wolf wrote:

> When I try to install a Firefox extension under Win-2000, after clicking
> on the XPI file nothing happens.
>
> Now I cannot recall whether I ever managed to install extensions on ANY of
> my Win-2000 computers.
> J2SE Environment is installed on these computers.
>
> What should be done to extend the XPI to the Win-2000 platform?
>
> Hans

Re: Extensions do not install on Win-2000

Daniel "DaCheetah"
Hans Wolf wrote:

> When I try to install a Firefox extension under Win-2000, after
> clicking  on the XPI file nothing happens.
>
> Now I cannot recall whether I ever managed to install extensions on ANY
> of  my Win-2000 computers.
> J2SE Environment is installed on these computers.
>
> What should be done to extend the XPI to the Win-2000 platform?
>
> Hans

If I understand the problem correctly, just dragging the file from
explorer into an open mozilla window should trigger the installtion.
(I'm using Win2K by the way.)

Daniel