Extension names: lower case or camel case?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Extension names: lower case or camel case?

Gervase Markham
We have repos for a number of extensions in git.mozilla.org:

http://git.mozilla.org/

Some are lower case:

bugzilla/extensions/cannedcomments.git

And some are CamelCase:

bugzilla/extensions/Browse.git

Can we please pick one style and stick to it going forward? If so, which?

Separate to that, is there any way of fixing them to be all consistent?
(Ideally we'd have done it when we switched SCMs but we didn't.)

Gerv
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-bugzilla mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-bugzilla
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists+s6506n84121h51@...>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Extension names: lower case or camel case?

Mark Côté
On 2014-10-24 12:16 PM, Gervase Markham wrote:

> We have repos for a number of extensions in git.mozilla.org:
>
> http://git.mozilla.org/
>
> Some are lower case:
>
> bugzilla/extensions/cannedcomments.git
>
> And some are CamelCase:
>
> bugzilla/extensions/Browse.git
>
> Can we please pick one style and stick to it going forward? If so, which?
>
> Separate to that, is there any way of fixing them to be all consistent?
> (Ideally we'd have done it when we switched SCMs but we didn't.)

From an SCM perspective, it's trivial, particularly in git, where paths
and objects are separate.  I have no idea on the ramifications for
Bugzilla itself.

Mark

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-bugzilla mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-bugzilla
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists+s6506n84121h51@...>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Extension names: lower case or camel case?

Frédéric Buclin
In reply to this post by Gervase Markham
Le 24. 10. 14 18:16, Gervase Markham a écrit :
> We have repos for a number of extensions in git.mozilla.org:
> Some are lower case:
> And some are CamelCase:
>
> Can we please pick one style and stick to it going forward? If so, which?

Our extension code forces extension names to be CamelCase:

http://git.mozilla.org/?p=bugzilla/bugzilla.git;a=tree;f=extensions

The extensions you mention have been added by random people and are not
officially supported by Bugzilla.


LpSolit

-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists+s6506n84121h51@...>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Extension names: lower case or camel case?

Gervase Markham
On 24/10/14 17:56, Frédéric Buclin wrote:
> Our extension code forces extension names to be CamelCase:

Well, that settles it, then :-)

> http://git.mozilla.org/?p=bugzilla/bugzilla.git;a=tree;f=extensions
>
> The extensions you mention have been added by random people and are not
> officially supported by Bugzilla.

I don't think we officially support any extensions that don't ship with
Bugzilla itself. But what we do do is offer a place for Bugzilla
developers to host them, for the convenience of the community. If we
have to make this clear somewhere, we should. But I don't think we
should stop hosting.

Mark: are you or is anyone else able to update the existing repo names?
Would it break anyone's checkout?

Gerv
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists+s6506n84121h51@...>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Extension names: lower case or camel case?

Gervase Markham
In reply to this post by Frédéric Buclin
On 25/10/14 07:09, Gervase Markham wrote:
> Mark: are you or is anyone else able to update the existing repo names?
> Would it break anyone's checkout?

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1091593 filed.

Gerv

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-bugzilla mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-bugzilla
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists+s6506n84121h51@...>