Exposing Pontoon Data Through API

Matjaz Horvat-2
Hey,

The first iteration of Pontoon API landed!

Check out the blog post for more details and a few examples:
https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2017/10/10/exposing-pontoon-data-through-api/

Big shout-out to Staś Małolepszy for making this happen!

To quote Staś himself:

"We’d like to keep the development of the API use-case-driven. If
you’re interested in creating a report, mobile app or an extension
which pulls data from Pontoon, please let us know about your use-case.
We’d like to prioritize the upcoming features to best serve the needs
of the community."

For more information about the planning process, consult the wiki:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Pontoon/API

Cheers,
Matjaž

Re: Exposing Pontoon Data Through API

Michal Stanke-2
Oh, that's cool. I will need to learn a bit more about the API, but it
looks very promising so far.

Michal Stanke

Dne 10.10.2017 v 20:38 Matjaz Horvat napsal(a):

> Hey,
>
> The first iteration of Pontoon API landed!
>
> Check out the blog post for more details and a few examples:
> https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2017/10/10/exposing-pontoon-data-through-api/
>
> Big shout-out to Staś Małolepszy for making this happen!
>
> To quote Staś himself:
>
> "We’d like to keep the development of the API use-case-driven. If
> you’re interested in creating a report, mobile app or an extension
> which pulls data from Pontoon, please let us know about your use-case.
> We’d like to prioritize the upcoming features to best serve the needs
> of the community."
>
> For more information about the planning process, consult the wiki:
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Pontoon/API
>
> Cheers,
> Matjaž

Re: Exposing Pontoon Data Through API

Staś Małolepszy
Michal, you might be interested in
https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Pontoon/API#Milestone_4 :)  It's still
far out in the future (I'd estimate Q1 2018). I'd love to get your
early feedback on what data would be helpful to Pontoon Tools.

Re: Exposing Pontoon Data Through API

Michal Stanke-2
Hi Stas.

Thank you for the first version of the API. I am still looking at how I
can incorporate it into the add-on the best way now.

As for the notifications, to maximize the user benefit from using the
API, the query result should be a bit richer than what is not displayed
in the UI. I can imagine getting and object, that would look like:
{id, timestamp, type, actor, project, verb, newStrings, messageHTML,
deadline}

In this scheme, the fileds /id/, /timestamp/ and /type/ would be a
mandatory skeleton, other may vary depending on the actual notification
/type/. By /type/ I mean an easy way to distinguish between
notifications for new strings, messages from admins, deadlines or other
notifications. Every time can than only contain the fields that are
appropriate - project and number of strings for new strings
notification, sender and project and message for messages, project and
date for deadlines, etc. A bonus would be an API (or some new RESTlike
endpoint) to mark notifications as read one by one using their ID.

Michal