Quantcast

Export restrictions on NSS

Milan Bartos
Hi,

I've found ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/export-notice
file containing export restrictions descriptions.
Does this still apply? If no, then why the file is still ther and confuse people?
If yes, then can NSS be recognized as really free software?

Thanks,
MB

Re: Export restrictions on NSS

Gervase Markham
On 18/07/13 11:07, Milan Bartos wrote:
> I've found ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/export-notice
> file containing export restrictions descriptions.
> Does this still apply? If no, then why the file is still ther and confuse people?
> If yes, then can NSS be recognized as really free software?

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Deployment:Deploying_Firefox#United_States_Export_Control_Information
is the latest statement on this topic.

Gerv