Expired articles

Ed Mullen-10
Is anyone else seeing a lot of expired articles in these groups?  Here's
the message:

"Error!
newsgroup server responded:Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Perhaps the article has expired

<[hidden email]> (109723)

Click here to remove all expired articles "

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Re: Expired articles

caver1-5
On 12/21/17 9:33 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> Is anyone else seeing a lot of expired articles in these groups?  Here's
> the message:
>
> "Error!
> newsgroup server responded:Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
>
> Perhaps the article has expired
>
> <[hidden email]> (109723)
>
> Click here to remove all expired articles "

Haven't seen any expired articles.

--
Caver1

Re: Expired articles

Big Al-3
On 12/21/2017 09:33 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> Is anyone else seeing a lot of expired articles in these groups?  Here's
> the message:
>
> "Error!
> newsgroup server responded:Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
>
> Perhaps the article has expired
>
> <[hidden email]> (109723)
>
> Click here to remove all expired articles "

I saw one a week or two ago, but that was the only one I've seen in a
long long time.  Used to get a lot but one in a year ain't bad in my
opinion.

Re: Expired articles

Ed Mullen-10
On 12/21/2017 at 9:55 AM, Caver1 created this epitome of digital genius:

> On 12/21/17 9:33 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Is anyone else seeing a lot of expired articles in these groups?  Here's
>> the message:
>>
>> "Error!
>> newsgroup server responded:Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
>>
>> Perhaps the article has expired
>>
>> <[hidden email]> (109723)
>>
>> Click here to remove all expired articles "
>>

> Haven't seen any expired articles.

What's weird is after I posted that I clicked on it and it had the
expired message in it.  Then I left the n.m.o account, and when I came
back I could see my message.  Tried repairing the account folders and it
didn't do anything to help.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Re: Expired articles

David E. Ross-3
On 12/21/2017 6:33 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> Is anyone else seeing a lot of expired articles in these groups?  Here's
> the message:
>
> "Error!
> newsgroup server responded:Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
>
> Perhaps the article has expired
>
> <[hidden email]> (109723)
>
> Click here to remove all expired articles "

I saw this with my own replies in mozilla.support.seamonkey about a week
ago.  It appeared to me that someone was trying to remove my replies.
According to <http://www.mozilla.org/about/forums/>, however, that is
not a moderated newsgroup.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump:  Please stop using Twitter.  We need
to hear your voice and see you talking.  We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.

Re: Expired articles

WaltS48-7
On 12/21/2017 10:29 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> On 12/21/2017 at 9:55 AM, Caver1 created this epitome of digital genius:
>> On 12/21/17 9:33 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
>>> Is anyone else seeing a lot of expired articles in these groups?  Here's
>>> the message:
>>>
>>> "Error!
>>> newsgroup server responded:Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
>>>
>>> Perhaps the article has expired
>>>
>>> <[hidden email]> (109723)
>>>
>>> Click here to remove all expired articles "
>>>

>> Haven't seen any expired articles.
>>

> What's weird is after I posted that I clicked on it and it had the
> expired message in it.  Then I left the n.m.o account, and when I came
> back I could see my message.  Tried repairing the account folders and it
> didn't do anything to help.

That happens with messages occasionally.

Re: Expired articles

Balaco ocalaB
Em 21-12-2017 12:33, Ed Mullen escreveu:

> Is anyone else seeing a lot of expired articles in these groups?  Here's
> the message:
>
> "Error!
> newsgroup server responded:Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
>
> Perhaps the article has expired
>
> <[hidden email]> (109723)
>
> Click here to remove all expired articles "

I have not seen any error. All messages are normal to me.

Re: Expired articles

Andy Burns
Ed Mullen wrote:

> Is anyone else seeing a lot of expired articles in these groups?

Yes, messages from GerardJan maybe they're being cancelled?

Re: Expired articles

Balaco ocalaB
Em 21-12-2017 19:53, Andy Burns escreveu:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else seeing a lot of expired articles in these groups?
>
> Yes, messages from GerardJan maybe they're being cancelled?

I have created and activated TB filters for a few users... their
messages are silently deleted from *my* windows. This will not make them
being cancelled because the only person who can confirm those deletions
must be looking around here using my computer.

Re: Expired articles

Terry
On 12/21/2017 6:33 AM On a whim, Ed Mullen pounded out on the keyboard

> Is anyone else seeing a lot of expired articles in these groups?  Here's
> the message:
>
> "Error!
> newsgroup server responded:Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
>
> Perhaps the article has expired
>
> <[hidden email]>  (109723)
>
> Click here to remove all expired articles "

In the support groups? I thought there was a time limitation on them.
Don't know about general though...

Re: Expired articles

David E. Ross-3
On 12/21/2017 4:45 PM, Terry wrote:

> On 12/21/2017 6:33 AM On a whim, Ed Mullen pounded out on the keyboard
>
>> Is anyone else seeing a lot of expired articles in these groups?  Here's
>> the message:
>>
>> "Error!
>> newsgroup server responded:Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
>>
>> Perhaps the article has expired
>>
>> <[hidden email]>  (109723)
>>
>> Click here to remove all expired articles "
>>

> In the support groups? I thought there was a time limitation on them.
> Don't know about general though...

My replies in mozilla.support.seamonkey were "expiring" less than a day
after I posted them.  I suspect someone was playing moderator in a
newsgroup that is supposedly not moderated.