Quantcast

Error building seamonkey on Raspberry Pi

Error building seamonkey on Raspberry Pi

philippe.ronflette
Hello,

I'm trying to compile Seamonkey for arm architecture on Raspberry Pi.
I followed the indications on this page:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-us/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Simple_SeaMonkey_build

During the order
Python client.py checkout
I encounter the following error:
pi@raspberrypi:~/comm-central $ python client.py checkout
Executing command: ['hg', 'pull', '-R', './.']
pulling from http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/
searching for changes
aucun changement trouvé
Executing command: ['hg', 'update', '-r', 'default', '-R', './.']
0 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
Updated to revision d91cb69a8e99e16a10a54167652fb9d95527f676.
Executing command: ['hg', 'clone', 'https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/', './mozilla']
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
transaction abort!
rollback completed
abandon : connection ended unexpectedly
The exception was:
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['hg', 'clone', 'https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/', './mozilla']' returned non-zero exit status 255

Retrying previous command: 1 of 1 time(s)
Executing command: ['hg', 'clone', 'https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/', './mozilla']
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
transaction abort!
rollback completed
abandon : connection ended unexpectedly
The exception was:
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['hg', 'clone', 'https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/', './mozilla']' returned non-zero exit status 255

Executing command: ['hg', 'update', '-r', 'default', '-R', './mozilla']
abandon : repository ./mozilla not found !
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "client.py", line 665, in <module>
    options.mozilla_rev, options.hgtool, options.hgtool1)
  File "client.py", line 380, in do_hg_pull
    check_call_noisy(cmd, retryMax=0)
  File "client.py", line 139, in check_call_noisy
    execute_check_call(cmd, *args, **kwargs)
  File "client.py", line 135, in execute_check_call
    check_call(cmd, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 540, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['hg', 'update', '-r', 'default', '-R', './mozilla']' returned non-zero exit status 255

I downloaded locally the contents of https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/
And I do not find a mozilla directory.
Is there an error in the source path, or is there another problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.
(Please excuse my very low level of English!)

Re: Error building seamonkey on Raspberry Pi

Edmund Wong-2
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to compile Seamonkey for arm architecture on Raspberry Pi.
> I followed the indications on this page:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-us/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Simple_SeaMonkey_build
>
> During the order
> Python client.py checkout
> I encounter the following error:
> pi@raspberrypi:~/comm-central $ python client.py checkout
> Executing command: ['hg', 'pull', '-R', './.']
> pulling from http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/
> searching for changes
> aucun changement trouvé
> Executing command: ['hg', 'update', '-r', 'default', '-R', './.']
> 0 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
> Updated to revision d91cb69a8e99e16a10a54167652fb9d95527f676.
> Executing command: ['hg', 'clone', 'https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/', './mozilla']
> requesting all changes
> adding changesets
> adding manifests
> transaction abort!
> rollback completed
> abandon : connection ended unexpectedly
> The exception was:
> subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['hg', 'clone', 'https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/', './mozilla']' returned non-zero exit status 255

You wouldn't happen to be using Wifi, would you?  The problem I see is
that cloning from the actual repo is 'painful' if you are on wifi.
(That's my experience).

If, however, you aren't using wifi; I'm not sure.  I think the 'best'
thing for you to do is to download both comm-central's and
mozilla-central's bundle and work from there:

c-c's bundle:
  http://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/bundles/comm-central.hg

m-c's bundle:
  http://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/bundles/mozilla-central.hg

Then follow the following instructions:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Source_Code/Mercurial/Bundles

[assuming you downloaded the two bundles to ~/]

1) mkdir comm-central
2) cd comm-central
3) hg unbundle ~/comm-central.hg
   (this takes some time)
4) edit .hg/hgrc with whatever editor's available.
   Add the following and then save:

   [paths]
    default = https://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/

5) mkdir mozilla
6) cd mozilla
7) hg unbundle ~/mozilla-central.hg
   (again.. will take a while)
8) like #4, edit .hg/hgrc (from within the mozilla dir)
9) cd ..  (you should be in ~/comm-central)
10) python client.py checkout   [to actually update your two trees]

Then continue on with

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Simple_SeaMonkey_build

> I downloaded locally the contents of https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/
> And I do not find a mozilla directory.
> Is there an error in the source path, or is there another problem?

No.  The |python client.py checkout| should've cloned mozilla-central
to ./mozilla; but since you had trouble with it then you wouldn't
have the ./mozilla dir.

Edmund

Re: Error building seamonkey on Raspberry Pi

philippe.ronflette
Thank you for your reply.

I use an Ethernet connection, safer for this type of operation.
I test your proposal as soon as I can.

Re: Error building seamonkey on Raspberry Pi

philippe.ronflette
Hello Edmund Wong

Some feedback on your proposals:

It is necessary to make a
hg init comm-central
between steps 1 and 2
and
hg init mozilla
between steps 5 and 6
If not the terminal displays the smooth operation, with the long time necessary for these operations, but nothing is copied into the directory!

But then I still have a problem connecting to the server
python client.py checkout

refers me

Executing command: ['hg', 'pull', '-R', './.']
pulling from https://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/
searching for changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 1 changesets with 5 changes to 5 files
(run 'hg update' to get a working copy)
Executing command: ['hg', 'update', '-r', 'default', '-R', './.']
5 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
Updated to revision 9475804f6fbd019fc2f821db7ca3f33123da677d.
Executing command: ['hg', 'pull', '-R', './mozilla', 'https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/']
pulling from https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/
searching for changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
transaction abort!
rollback completed
abandon : connection ended unexpectedly
The exception was:
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['hg', 'pull', '-R', './mozilla', 'https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/']' returned non-zero exit status 255

And when I try to first make a
hg pull

it returns me

pulling from https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/
searching for changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
transaction abort!
rollback completed
abandon : connection ended unexpectedly

:-)

Re: Error building seamonkey on Raspberry Pi

philippe.ronflette
Correction:
I let the checkup work. After many hours and several automatic attempts, the update finally got done.
Unfortunately, the compilation failed! :-(

Thank you for your help.

Philippe Ronflette wrote:
> Correction:
> I let the checkup work. After many hours and several automatic attempts, the update finally got done.
> Unfortunately, the compilation failed! :-(
>
> Thank you for your help.

You're welcome.   I'm guessing your connection is very finicky with
large amount of data.  I would get the same result when I tried
to clone large repos.

Edmund