Error: No value for param user_verify_class - help gratefully appreciated!

Error: No value for param user_verify_class - help gratefully appreciated!

James Mitchell-6
I have installed bugzilla 2.22 on a fresh install of Fedora Core 5 (after everything updated with yum)

When I got to my Bugzilla URL from Firefox on Windows I get a blank screen, view source shows literally nothing. With IE I get a normal internal server error page and with Firefox on the FC5 server I see the html source of the internal server error page!!!

When I look in my Apache log it says:
[error] [client <IP ADDRESS>] No value for param user_verify_class (try running checksetup.pl again) at Bugzilla/Config.pm line 182.

testserver.pl reports everything is OK.

I've done a few Google searches but not found much. Any pointers would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

James

+++++
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the contents of and attachments to this email represents only the views of the sender as expressed to the intended recipient. It does not necessarily represent the view of the company and is not intended to place any legal obligation upon the company, nor does it commit the company to any course of action or contractual undertaking. If you are not the intended recipient of this message/information, please inform the sender by return of mail and destroy the message and any attachments. Use or disclosure of any of the contents of the message by unauthorised persons may result in legal action being taken.
+++++

RE: Error: No value for param user_verify_class - help gratefully appreciated!

Benton, Kevin
> I have installed bugzilla 2.22 on a fresh install of Fedora Core 5
(after
> everything updated with yum)
>
> When I got to my Bugzilla URL from Firefox on Windows I get a blank
> screen, view source shows literally nothing. With IE I get a normal
> internal server error page and with Firefox on the FC5 server I see
the
> html source of the internal server error page!!!
>
> When I look in my Apache log it says:
> [error] [client <IP ADDRESS>] No value for param user_verify_class
(try
> running checksetup.pl again) at Bugzilla/Config.pm line 182.
>
> testserver.pl reports everything is OK.
>
> I've done a few Google searches but not found much. Any pointers would
be
> gratefully received!

Did you run checksetup.pl (from a shell prompt) as instructed in the
Apache log?

---
Kevin Benton
Perl/Bugzilla Developer/Administrator, Perforce SCM Administrator
AMD - ECSD Software Validation and Tools

The opinions stated in this communication do not necessarily reflect the
view of Advanced Micro Devices and have not been reviewed by management.
This communication may contain sensitive and/or confidential and/or
proprietary information.  Distribution of such information is strictly
prohibited without prior consent of Advanced Micro Devices.  This
communication is for the intended recipient(s) only.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender, then
destroy any remaining copies of this communication.

RE: Error: No value for param user_verify_class - help gratefully appreciated!

James Mitchell-6
Yes, it didn't report any problems and it didn't affect anything. I had previously failed to get RT working and had done some fiddling with various parts of Apache etc. I got sick of it and am re-installing FC5 now :D I have a bad habit of reinstalling operating systems out of frustration!

> I have installed bugzilla 2.22 on a fresh install of Fedora Core 5
(after
> everything updated with yum)
>
> When I got to my Bugzilla URL from Firefox on Windows I get a blank
> screen, view source shows literally nothing. With IE I get a normal
> internal server error page and with Firefox on the FC5 server I see
the
> html source of the internal server error page!!!
>
> When I look in my Apache log it says:
> [error] [client <IP ADDRESS>] No value for param user_verify_class
(try
> running checksetup.pl again) at Bugzilla/Config.pm line 182.
>
> testserver.pl reports everything is OK.
>
> I've done a few Google searches but not found much. Any pointers would
be
> gratefully received!

Did you run checksetup.pl (from a shell prompt) as instructed in the
Apache log?

---
Kevin Benton
Perl/Bugzilla Developer/Administrator, Perforce SCM Administrator
AMD - ECSD Software Validation and Tools

The opinions stated in this communication do not necessarily reflect the
view of Advanced Micro Devices and have not been reviewed by management.
This communication may contain sensitive and/or confidential and/or
proprietary information.  Distribution of such information is strictly
prohibited without prior consent of Advanced Micro Devices.  This
communication is for the intended recipient(s) only.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender, then
destroy any remaining copies of this communication.

+++++
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the contents of and attachments to this email represents only the views of the sender as expressed to the intended recipient. It does not necessarily represent the view of the company and is not intended to place any legal obligation upon the company, nor does it commit the company to any course of action or contractual undertaking. If you are not the intended recipient of this message/information, please inform the sender by return of mail and destroy the message and any attachments. Use or disclosure of any of the contents of the message by unauthorised persons may result in legal action being taken.
+++++

Re: Error: No value for param user_verify_class - help gratefully appreciated!

Michael Bellomo

RE: Error: No value for param user_verify_class - help gratefully appreciated!

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 16:17 +0100, James Mitchell wrote:
> Yes, it didn't report any problems and it didn't affect anything. I
> had previously failed to get RT working and had done some fiddling
> with various parts of Apache etc. I got sick of it and am
> re-installing FC5 now :D I have a bad habit of reinstalling operating
> systems out of frustration!

        Try doing this, as root:

        restorecon -Rv /path/to/bugzilla

        And if that doesn't work, try doing:

        setenforce 0

        Both of those would handle SELinux problems.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.