Enhancing TabView Accessibility with WAI-ARIA Roles and States » Yahoo! User Interface Blog

Enhancing TabView Accessibility with WAI-ARIA Roles and States » Yahoo! User Interface Blog

Victor Tsaran
Here is to the Mozilla community:
http://yuiblog.com/blog/2008/07/30/tabview-aria/
Therein is also a little nodge for NVDA, www.nvda-project.org.

Enjoy and spread.
Thanks,
Victor

Re: Enhancing TabView Accessibility with WAI-ARIA Roles and States » Yahoo! User Interface Blog

David Bolter
Thanks Victor!

I've added it to
http://wiki.codetalks.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_create_accessible_JavaScript_widgets

The asynchronous tab pane content loading is an interesting use case for
ARIA Live Regions... what do others think?

cheers,
David

Victor Tsaran wrote:

> Here is to the Mozilla community:
> http://yuiblog.com/blog/2008/07/30/tabview-aria/
> Therein is also a little nodge for NVDA, www.nvda-project.org.
>
> Enjoy and spread.
> Thanks,
> Victor

Re: Enhancing TabView Accessibility with WAI-ARIA Roles and States » Yahoo! User Interface Blog

Victor Tsaran
Hi David,
We are using live regions to report messages such as "please wait..."
and "content loaded". You can see this in the screencast attached to
this blog entry.
NVDA is so far the only mainstream Windows screen reader that handles
live regions fairly well.
Thanks a lot,
Victor

David Bolter wrote:

> Thanks Victor!
>
> I've added it to
> http://wiki.codetalks.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_create_accessible_JavaScript_widgets
>

> The asynchronous tab pane content loading is an interesting use case for
> ARIA Live Regions... what do others think?
>
> cheers,
> David
>
> Victor Tsaran wrote:
>> Here is to the Mozilla community:
>> http://yuiblog.com/blog/2008/07/30/tabview-aria/
>> Therein is also a little nodge for NVDA, www.nvda-project.org.
>>
>> Enjoy and spread.
>> Thanks,
>> Victor

Re: Enhancing TabView Accessibility with WAI-ARIA Roles and States » Yahoo! User Interface Blog

marco.zehe
Hi Victor!

Thank you very much for this great blog post! I enjoyed reading it,
and when I get home, I'll definitely also watch the video.

Thank you also for your continued support of the ARIA markup! I'm
hoping that soon a great number of visually impaired users can benefit
from the work you've done here and elsewhere on ARIA!

Regards,
Marco