Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

F1Com
It's too late now, and can't be corrected like a web page can.  The
monthly newsletter that went out has the following Subject line

"Keep your Firefox tabs loading lightening fast"

I guess they get lighter the more you have...

Terry

Re: Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

WaltS-3
On 04/26/2012 01:17 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> It's too late now, and can't be corrected like a web page can.  The
> monthly newsletter that went out has the following Subject line
>
> "Keep your Firefox tabs loading lightening fast"
>
> I guess they get lighter the more you have...
>
> Terry

Didn't even notice until you pointed it out. :)

--
Thunderbird (15.0a1) Daily | openSUSE 12.1 | KDE 4.7.2
Some people just have to pass on the right, when you are supposed to

Re: Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what [hidden email] graced us
with on 4/26/2012 10:17 AM:
> It's too late now, and can't be corrected like a web page can.  The
> monthly newsletter that went out has the following Subject line
>
> "Keep your Firefox tabs loading lightening fast"
>
> I guess they get lighter the more you have...

That's a bit ambiguous, perhaps they mean that intensity or transparncy? :)

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

Jay Garcia
On 26.04.2012 12:17, [hidden email] wrote:

> It's too late now, and can't be corrected like a web page can.  The
> monthly newsletter that went out has the following Subject line
>
> "Keep your Firefox tabs loading lightening fast"
>
> I guess they get lighter the more you have...
>
> Terry

Yah, just an "e" of a difference. :-)

--
Jay Garcia - www.ufaq.org - Netscape - Firefox - SeaMonkey - Thunderbird
Mozilla Contribute Coordinator Team - www.mozilla.org/contribute/

Re: Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

Ron Hunter
On 4/26/2012 2:12 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 26.04.2012 12:17, [hidden email] wrote:

Yeah, like the difference between 'There's a beer in the tent." or
"There's a bear in the tent."  Not a big deal, right?

On 26.04.2012 16:09, Ron Hunter wrote:

> Yeah, like the difference between 'There's a beer in the tent." or
> "There's a bear in the tent."  Not a big deal, right?

Not a big deal unless it IS a bear!! 8-)

On 4/26/2012 4:39 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 26.04.2012 16:09, Ron Hunter wrote:

Well, there is either a beer, or a bear in the tent, go in there an
bring me one.  Now does it matter?  Grin.

On 26.04.2012 19:43, Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> Yeah, like the difference between 'There's a beer in the tent." or
>>> "There's a bear in the tent."  Not a big deal, right?
>>
>> Not a big deal unless it IS a bear!! 8-)
>>

> Well, there is either a beer, or a bear in the tent, go in there an
> bring me one.  Now does it matter?  Grin.

It only matters if the bear brings you a beer. 8-)

--
Jay Garcia - www.ufaq.org - Netscape - Firefox - SeaMonkey - Thunderbird
Mozilla Contribute Coordinator Team - www.mozilla.org/contribute/
Mozilla Mozillian Member - www.mozillians.org

Re: Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

Tarkus-3
On 4/26/2012 2:39 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 26.04.2012 16:09, Ron Hunter wrote:

Even worse if there's no beer.

Re: Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

Daniel-257
Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 4/26/2012 2:12 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
>> On 26.04.2012 12:17, [hidden email] wrote:

Bloody Bears....always pinching the beer!!

--
Daniel

On 27.04.2012 01:11, Tarkus wrote:

>> Not a big deal unless it IS a bear!!8-)
>
> Even worse if there's no beer.

Point well taken. Unless of course if the bear brought the beer. :-)

--
Jay Garcia - www.ufaq.org - Netscape - Firefox - SeaMonkey - Thunderbird
Mozilla Contribute Coordinator Team - www.mozilla.org/contribute/
Mozilla Mozillian Member - www.mozillians.org

Re: Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

Morgana-2
On 27-Apr-2012 07:36, Daniel wrote:

> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 4/26/2012 2:12 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
>>> On 26.04.2012 12:17, [hidden email] wrote:

You have to blame Yogi for that.

--
M.

Re: Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

F1Com
On 4/26/2012 2:09 PM On a whim, Ron Hunter pounded out on the keyboard

> On 4/26/2012 2:12 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
>> On 26.04.2012 12:17, [hidden email] wrote:

Autocorrect could be an issue there!

Terry

Re: Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

WaltS-3
On 04/26/2012 01:17 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> It's too late now, and can't be corrected like a web page can.  The
> monthly newsletter that went out has the following Subject line
>
> "Keep your Firefox tabs loading lightening fast"
>
> I guess they get lighter the more you have...
>
> Terry

Actually if you look up lightening on dictionary.com you find these
usage entries under example sentences, verb heading.

    They didn't immediately make that lightening speed available.

    The lightening quickness of the blogosphere has made nimbleness a
necessity.

Don't have any idea what that has to with the definition.
--
Thunderbird Beta | openSUSE 12.1 | KDE 4.7.2
Humans aren't a color of skin, a religion, a sex, a sexual orientation,

Re: Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what [hidden email] graced us
with on 4/27/2012 9:27 AM:

> On 4/26/2012 2:09 PM On a whim, Ron Hunter pounded out on the keyboard
>
>> On 4/26/2012 2:12 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
>>> On 26.04.2012 12:17, [hidden email] wrote:

Barely plausible :)

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

F1Com
On 4/27/2012 10:58 AM On a whim, WLS pounded out on the keyboard

>> It's too late now, and can't be corrected like a web page can.  The
>> monthly newsletter that went out has the following Subject line
>>
>> "Keep your Firefox tabs loading lightening fast"
>>
>> I guess they get lighter the more you have...
>>
>> Terry
>
> Actually if you look up lightening on dictionary.com you find these
> usage entries under example sentences, verb heading.
>

>      They didn't immediately make that lightening speed available.
>
>      The lightening quickness of the blogosphere has made nimbleness a
> necessity.
>
> Don't have any idea what that has to with the definition.

Yep, we can't rely on everything that is on the internet...

On 4/27/2012 12:58 PM, WLS wrote:

>> It's too late now, and can't be corrected like a web page can.  The
>> monthly newsletter that went out has the following Subject line
>>
>> "Keep your Firefox tabs loading lightening fast"
>>
>> I guess they get lighter the more you have...
>>
>> Terry
>
> Actually if you look up lightening on dictionary.com you find these
> usage entries under example sentences, verb heading.
>

>      They didn't immediately make that lightening speed available.
>
>      The lightening quickness of the blogosphere has made nimbleness a
> necessity.
>
> Don't have any idea what that has to with the definition.
I think you are mistaken.  Here is what I got.

lightening
[lahyt-n-ing]   Example Sentences Origin
light·en·ing
   [lahyt-n-ing] Show IPA
noun Medicine/Medical .
the descent of the uterus into the pelvic cavity, occurring toward the
end of pregnancy, changing the contour of the abdomen and facilitating
breathing by lessening pressure under the diaphragm.
Origin:
1520–30; lighten2  + -ing1

Can be confused:  lightening, lightning.

00:02
Lightening is always a great word to know.
So is glossa. Does it mean:
        the first or innermost digit of the foot of humans and other primates
or of the hind foot of other mammals; great toe; big toe.
        the tongue.
LEARN MORE UNUSUAL WORDS WITH WORD DYNAMO...
Example Sentences

     So the beauty scientists came up with a whole new chemistry for
getting the lightening molecules inside the hair.

     Instead, private space ventures have focused on lightening the
payload and rocket and on increasing reliability.

     The lightening quickness of the blogosphere has made nimbleness a
necessity.

EXPAND
Dictionary.com Unabridged
light·en
1    [lahyt-n] Show IPA
verb (used without object)
1.
to become lighter or less dark; brighten: The sky lightened after the storm.
2.
to brighten or light up, as the eyes or features: Her face lightened
when she heard the good news.
3.
to flash as or like lightning (often used impersonally with it  as
subject): It thundered and lightened for hours.
4.
Archaic . to shine, gleam, or be bright: steel blades lightening in the sun.
verb (used with object)
5.
to give light to; illuminate: A full moon lightened the road.
6.
to brighten (the eyes, features, etc.): A large smile lightened his face.
7.
to make lighter or less dark: Add white to lighten the paint.
8.
Obsolete . enlighten.
9.
Obsolete . to flash or emit like lightning (usually followed by out,
forth,  or down ): eyes that lightened forth implacable hatred.

Re: Embarassing Mozilla newsletter

F1Com
On 4/27/2012 11:04 AM On a whim, Sailfish pounded out on the keyboard

> My bloviated meandering follows what [hidden email] graced us
> with on 4/27/2012 9:27 AM:

Beerly or bearly plausible? ;-)

On 27.04.2012 12:58, WLS wrote:

>> It's too late now, and can't be corrected like a web page can.  The
>> monthly newsletter that went out has the following Subject line
>>
>> "Keep your Firefox tabs loading lightening fast"
>>
>> I guess they get lighter the more you have...
>>
>> Terry
>
> Actually if you look up lightening on dictionary.com you find these
> usage entries under example sentences, verb heading.
>

>     They didn't immediately make that lightening speed available.
>
>     The lightening quickness of the blogosphere has made nimbleness a
> necessity.
>
> Don't have any idea what that has to with the definition.

Well they are either wrong or it was just a typo (I believe that).

Just remember that to be quick like lightning, you need to lighten your
load by leaving out the e.

Morgana wrote:

> On 27-Apr-2012 07:36, Daniel wrote:
>> Ron Hunter wrote:

Yeah, 'cause we all know Boo Boo wouldn't pinch anything.

--
Daniel