Effective autoplay block

Richard Newsum
Hello everyone,

I know there are settings in Firefox that are supposed to block or prevent
automatic playing of audio and video content in web pages and I have set all
the ones I can find to block such content.

But still I see and hear video and audio content on some pages playing
automatically without my permission!

Is it really impossible to make prevention of automatic playing of audio and
video content:
- easy to select, and
- effective?

If it's not impossible, can we PLEASE have easy and effective autoplay
prevention?

Can these settings also prevent automatic downloading of audio and video
content?

R.