EXSLT documentation

Martin Honnen-3

Why does http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/EXSLT say and show the
following:
----- quote ------------------------------------------------------
To use an EXSLT extension, you need to declare its namespace as an
extension namespace in your stylesheet. For example, to use the regular
expressions package:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                 xmlns:regexp="http://exslt.org/regular-expressions"
                 extension-element-prefixes="regexp">

<xsl:import href="regexp.xsl" />
----- end quote --------------------------------------------------

As far as I can see the EXSLT support in Firefox 3.0 does not provide
any extension elements, only extension functions. So there should be no
need for 'extension-element-prefixes="regexp"'. And there should be no
need for the xsl:import as the implementation is not done with an XSLT
stylesheet.
So it seems the documentation suggests things that are not necessary at
all to use the EXSLT functionality in Firefox 3.0.

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Re: EXSLT documentation

Jonas Sicking-2
Yup, you're right, fixed.

Martin Honnen wrote:

> Why does http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/EXSLT say and show the
> following:
> ----- quote ------------------------------------------------------
> To use an EXSLT extension, you need to declare its namespace as an
> extension namespace in your stylesheet. For example, to use the regular
> expressions package:
>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>                 xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>                 xmlns:regexp="http://exslt.org/regular-expressions"
>                 extension-element-prefixes="regexp">
>
> <xsl:import href="regexp.xsl" />
> ----- end quote --------------------------------------------------
>
> As far as I can see the EXSLT support in Firefox 3.0 does not provide
> any extension elements, only extension functions. So there should be no
> need for 'extension-element-prefixes="regexp"'. And there should be no
> need for the xsl:import as the implementation is not done with an XSLT
> stylesheet.
> So it seems the documentation suggests things that are not necessary at
> all to use the EXSLT functionality in Firefox 3.0.

Re: EXSLT documentation

Jonas Sicking-2
Indeed. Fixed. Wikis rock :)