EU Copyright Consultation: relevant to Accessibility team

EU Copyright Consultation: relevant to Accessibility team

Gervase Markham
Hi Accessibility team,

The EU are holding a consultation on copyright in the digital age, and
Mozilla is going to submit a response. The consultation includes some
questions about issues relating to accessibility.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/EU_Copyright_Consultation

E.g.

"50. (b) Have you experienced problems when distributing/communicating
works published in special formats across the EU?"

and

"What mechanisms exist in the market place to facilitate accessibility
to content? How successful are they?"

If the Accessibility team has a view on these matters, or anything else
in the document, let me know by email ASAP. This sounds like a good
opportunity to make known any problems that copyright causes for a11y.

Otherwise, I will respond "no comment" to those questions.

Deadline for us to submit is next week; deadline for me to find out you
have a view is, well, sooner than that :-) Sorry for the short notice.

Gerv