ETags and Caching

janderssen
Hi all,

I have a working embedded gecko browser, however, if I visit my website and return the appropriate ETags, everything works as expected, but if I close the program containing gecko then reopen it again, and visit the same site, it does not get the data from the cache the first time, but instead loads it all from the server again, and upon revisiting the site (while keeping the program opened) it obeys the etags and retreives from the cache (as I was expecting it too).

I have been debugging deep inside of the code of gecko (lots of fun, and learning lots about how a browser like this is written) but was hoping someone may have the answer for me sooner than it will take me to figure it all out.

Any ideas ?

Thanx in advance
Jason Anderssen