ECMAScript 2015 is now an Ecma Standard

Allen Wirfs-Brock
Ecma international has announced that its General Assembly has approved ECMA-262-6 The ECMAScript 2015 Language Specification as an Ecma standard  http://www.ecma-international.org/news/index.html

The official document is now available from Ecma in HTML at

and as a PDF at

I recommend that  people immediately start using the  Ecma HTML version in discussion where they need to link references to sections of the specification.

Allen

Re: ECMAScript 2015 is now an Ecma Standard

Andrea Giammarchi-2
congratulations and

I recommend that  people immediately start using the  Ecma HTML version in discussion where they need to link references to sections of the specification.

good advice !

Best Regards

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ecma international has announced that its General Assembly has approved ECMA-262-6 The ECMAScript 2015 Language Specification as an Ecma standard  http://www.ecma-international.org/news/index.html

The official document is now available from Ecma in HTML at

and as a PDF at

I recommend that  people immediately start using the  Ecma HTML version in discussion where they need to link references to sections of the specification.

Allen

Re: ECMAScript 2015 is now an Ecma Standard

David Bruant-5
Lots of the changes were long awaited. ES2015 is an important milestone.
More important even is the momentum and recent changes to the way people can contribute to the standard.

Thank you to everyone involved in making all of this happen!

David

Le 17/06/2015 17:46, Allen Wirfs-Brock a écrit :
Ecma international has announced that its General Assembly has approved ECMA-262-6 The ECMAScript 2015 Language Specification as an Ecma standard  http://www.ecma-international.org/news/index.html

The official document is now available from Ecma in HTML at

and as a PDF at

I recommend that  people immediately start using the  Ecma HTML version in discussion where they need to link references to sections of the specification.

Allen

Re: ECMAScript 2015 is now an Ecma Standard

C. Scott Ananian
Filed Pull Requests to es6-shim and core-js to match the late change to the `Promise.reject` text.

Yay final spec!
  --scott

Re: ECMAScript 2015 is now an Ecma Standard

Axel Rauschmayer
The official document is now available from Ecma in HTML at

and as a PDF at

I recommend that  people immediately start using the  Ecma HTML version in discussion where they need to link references to sections of the specification.

FWIW: I’ve made a list of all IDs from the old ES6 HTML spec [1] that don’t work anymore (spoiler: only a few of the symbolic ones):

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
[hidden email]

Re: ECMAScript 2015 is now an Ecma Standard

Michael Dyck
On 15-06-17 12:46 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> Ecma international has announced that its General Assembly has approved
> ECMA-262-6 /The ECMAScript 2015 Language Specification/ as an Ecma standard
> http://www.ecma-international.org/news/index.html

Congrats!

> The official document is now available from Ecma in HTML at
> http://www.ecma-international.org/ecma-262/6.0
>
> and as a PDF at
> http://www.ecma-international.org/ecma-262/6.0/ECMA-262.pdf

So is this effectively "rev39" (referred to in bug responses)?

Where should bug reports on 6th edition go? (bugs.ecmascript.org doesn't
appear to have an appropriate "product category".)

-Michael

On Jun 17, 2015, at 2:34 PM, Michael Dyck wrote:

On 15-06-17 12:46 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
Ecma international has announced that its General Assembly has approved
ECMA-262-6 /The ECMAScript 2015 Language Specification/ as an Ecma standard
http://www.ecma-international.org/news/index.html

Congrats!

The official document is now available from Ecma in HTML at
http://www.ecma-international.org/ecma-262/6.0

and as a PDF at
http://www.ecma-international.org/ecma-262/6.0/ECMA-262.pdf

So is this effectively "rev39" (referred to in bug responses)?

yes, I'll be posting a change summary for rev39

Where should bug reports on 6th edition go? (bugs.ecmascript.org doesn't appear to have an appropriate "product category".)

I've now reated a product for the 6th Edition.  The "Draft for 6th Edition" product is now closed for new bug submissions.