Duplicate element in template Builder

Valentin LAB
Hi,

I have tree template that uses this RDF

b -- subOf --> a
c -- subOf --> a

which renders in template :

|- b
|- c

When I these triples to my RDF add :

d -- subOf --> b
d -- subOf --> c

I expect that my template will return :

|- b
|  |- d

|- c
    |- d

But It won't. It displays :

|- b
|  |- d

|- c

It seems that duplicate resources are filtered. After some googling,
I've found the coalesceDuplicateArcs property/attribute, and setting it
to true/false do not change anything...

Is there a way to get what I'm expecting ?
Valentin LAB

Re: Duplicate element in template Builder

Neil-4
Valentin LAB wrote:

> It seems that duplicate resources are filtered.

This is now true for trees, unfortunately. (Mozilla used to have Smart
Find bookmarks. These stopped working for other reasons some time ago,
and now that duplicate resources are filtered they'll never work.)

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Re: Duplicate element in template Builder

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla
Neil wrote:
> Valentin LAB wrote:
>
>> It seems that duplicate resources are filtered.
>
> This is now true for trees, unfortunately. (Mozilla used to have Smart
> Find bookmarks. These stopped working for other reasons some time ago,
> and now that duplicate resources are filtered they'll never work.)

Duplicate resource filtering should be optional, or at least offer a way
to opt-out.

Re: Duplicate element in template Builder

Valentin LAB
>> It seems that duplicate resources are filtered.
>
> This is now true for trees, unfortunately. (Mozilla used to have Smart
> Find bookmarks. These stopped working for other reasons some time ago,
> and now that duplicate resources are filtered they'll never work.)

And why this decision as been made ? I mean, why this hasn't been kept
in an optional behavior ? This broke my application.

I've some experience in C/C++, enough to read and understand what's
happening in most part of the mozilla source code, do you think that it
is possible (and easy) to cancel the filter part ? and/or propose an
addition (as a new flag, or attribute) that could help toggle this
behavior on or off... ?

If you have any sources/document/bugreports that discuss this topic,
I'll be glab to read it. Or any pointer to source code that could light
my bubble ;)

Valentin LAB

Re: Duplicate element in template Builder

Neil Deakin
Valentin LAB wrote:

>>> It seems that duplicate resources are filtered.
>>
>> This is now true for trees, unfortunately. (Mozilla used to have Smart
>> Find bookmarks. These stopped working for other reasons some time ago,
>> and now that duplicate resources are filtered they'll never work.)
>>

> And why this decision as been made ? I mean, why this hasn't been kept
> in an optional behavior ? This broke my application.

Support of duplicate elements in trees didn't work very well. The
reworking of templates to support non-rdf sources didn't add the feature
as it was too difficult to implement.

To support it would require implementing bug 327473 for the tree
builder, and without increasing the size of the data structures used.

Neil

Re: Duplicate element in template Builder

Valentin LAB
> Support of duplicate elements in trees didn't work very well. The
> reworking of templates to support non-rdf sources didn't add the feature
> as it was too difficult to implement.
>
> To support it would require implementing bug 327473 for the tree
> builder, and without increasing the size of the data structures used.

I read bug 327473, and understood that you led some modification in the
tree builder itself to correct non-displaying of duplicate ressources in
trees.

I do not understand : it seems in that report, that you have corrected
this within the tree builder in 03/2006, should I understand that
further changes have been made (to implement non-rdf sources) that broke
this again ?

Anyway, thanks for these informations. Do you see any quick workaround
(in javascript) ?

Valentin LAB wrote:

>> Support of duplicate elements in trees didn't work very well. The
>> reworking of templates to support non-rdf sources didn't add the
>> feature as it was too difficult to implement.
>>
>> To support it would require implementing bug 327473 for the tree
>> builder, and without increasing the size of the data structures used.
>
> I read bug 327473, and understood that you led some modification in
> the tree builder itself to correct non-displaying of duplicate
> ressources in trees.

No, he patched the XUL content builder

> Do you see any quick workaround (in javascript) ?

Don't use flags="dont-build-content"

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.