Duplicate Defects and Custom Fields

Robert Ford
I was wondering if when marking a defect as a duplicate the duplicated defect number can be captured into a field

that can be listed in the "Change Columns" section?

Thank you

Robert H. Ford II
Engineer IV | Westell Technologies
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Disclaimer

Re: Duplicate Defects and Custom Fields

Andre Klapper
On Wed, 2016-02-03 at 21:00 +0000, Robert Ford wrote:
> I was wondering if when marking a defect as a duplicate the
> duplicated defect number can be captured into a field
>
> that can be listed in the "Change Columns" section?

You can display the *number* of duplicates for a bug on buglist.cgi.
What would be the exact use case for displaying duplicate bug IDs?

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Duplicate Defects and Custom Fields

Robert Ford
Management wants to be able to create a search that will display any defects marked as duplicated and have a column that shows the ID of the duplicated defect.

Currently you have to be in the details of the defect to see this information.

Thank you very much.

________________________________

http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/<http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/>

On Thu, 2016-02-04 at 14:41 +0000, Robert Ford wrote:
> Management wants to be able to create a search that will display any
> defects marked as duplicated and have a column that shows the ID of
> the duplicated defect.

Sounds like something you have to code yourself. Or ask $management how
they think such info would help actually achieve an undefined $goal. :)

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Duplicate Defects and Custom Fields

Gervase Markham
On 03/02/16 21:00, Robert Ford wrote:
> I was wondering if when marking a defect as a duplicate the
> duplicated defect number can be captured into a field
>
> that can be listed in the "Change Columns" section?

You would need to add data from the duplicates table to that list of
columns. There's even a hook you can use to do it in an extension:

https://www.bugzilla.org/docs/5.0/en/html/api/Bugzilla/Hook.html#buglist_columns
(and you'd need buglist_column_joins too, as it's in a different table).

Warning: I've not tried this.

Gerv