Quantcast

Due diligence: Permission for usage of Firefox & Thunderbird

Due diligence: Permission for usage of Firefox & Thunderbird

Apollo D. Sharpe, Sr.
Hello,

I'm not sure who to exactly send this to, but I represent Iron Rook
Computing, LLC. In the coming months, we will be releasing a product
that utilizes some of your software.As due diligence, I must officially
ask for permission to mention the usage of your software, link to your
websites, and use images that show your software in action. We would use
these permissions in the following ways:

  * In our promotional material (written, digital, or otherwise)
  * In our customer support & troubleshooting systems
  * In any instance which such usage would be required to help users
    accomplish their task
  * In any instance which such usage would be required for our employees
    to their task

It's unfortunate that these things have to be done, sometimes, to cover
our tails. I'm not sure who's actually in charge, so I'd appreciate
you're help in getting over this hurdle.

Apollo D. Sharpe, Sr.
Iron Rook Computing, LLC
Member/Owner

Re: Due diligence: Permission for usage of Firefox & Thunderbird

Mike Connor-4
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/foundation/trademarks/policy/ covers the
basics for trademark usage.  Linking doesn't require permission, nor does
using app screenshots under fair use.

On 6/23/2015 7:08 PM, Mike Connor wrote:
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/foundation/trademarks/policy/ covers the
> basics for trademark usage.  Linking doesn't require permission, nor
> does using app screenshots under fair use.

Thank you. I assumed as much, but it's far better to make sure ahead of
time.

Apollo D. Sharpe, Sr.
Iron Rook Computing, LLC
Member/Owner