Dsiable 'skip to next bug' feature

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dsiable 'skip to next bug' feature

Darrell Fluet
When working from a bug list the system automatically skips to the next bug
after commiting a change.  I would like to disable this feature as
inattentive users are putting comments on the wrong bugs and then adding
'disregard previous comments' notes to try to clarify things.  I would
rather the system simply re-displayed the edited bug.

Also - are there any plans to build an admin module that would allow the
system administrator to edit or remove comments from existing bugs.  No
deletions - just comment edits.

Thanks for your help.  Darrell Fluet


_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dsiable 'skip to next bug' feature

Marc Schumann
Darrell,

2005/7/25, Darrell Fluet <[hidden email]>:
> When working from a bug list the system automatically skips to the next bug
> after commiting a change.  I would like to disable this feature as
> inattentive users are putting comments on the wrong bugs and then adding
> 'disregard previous comments' notes to try to clarify things.  I would
> rather the system simply re-displayed the edited bug.

please see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=63536.

> Also - are there any plans to build an admin module that would allow the
> system administrator to edit or remove comments from existing bugs.  No
> deletions - just comment edits.

Please see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=540.

   Cheers
      Marc

--
http://wurblzap.net/
Bugzilla hosting and professional support

_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dsiable 'skip to next bug' feature

Darrell Fluet
In reply to this post by Darrell Fluet
Reviewed all history for 63536.  It sounds like this feature has been added
to bugzilla, but I am not sure how to interpret the last few comments.  Is
this fix available as a patch, or do we need to upgrade to version  2.22. We
are currently running version 2.18rc2.

As for the second issue (540) it sounds like this issue has been around
forever and is still not resolved.  My 2 cents worth - allow administrator
to edit or delete comments.  Make an audit log so you could always go back
to see what has been deleted / changed on a bug by bug basis.  I need to get
rid of the 'oops, comment put on wrong bug, please disregard the previous
comment' garbage that gets into the comments.

Darrell

"Marc Schumann" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Darrell,
>
> 2005/7/25, Darrell Fluet <[hidden email]>:
>> When working from a bug list the system automatically skips to the next
>> bug
>> after commiting a change.  I would like to disable this feature as
>> inattentive users are putting comments on the wrong bugs and then adding
>> 'disregard previous comments' notes to try to clarify things.  I would
>> rather the system simply re-displayed the edited bug.
>
> please see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=63536.
>
>> Also - are there any plans to build an admin module that would allow the
>> system administrator to edit or remove comments from existing bugs.  No
>> deletions - just comment edits.
>
> Please see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=540.
>
>   Cheers
>      Marc
>
> --
> http://wurblzap.net/
> Bugzilla hosting and professional support
>


_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools