Doubt with M.P.L

Rattata 2me
I have just downloaded last version of Mozilla Rhino
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/Rhino
And I want to ask something about your mpl license;

I am making a java app, I would like my app to be compiled as .jar and .apk
file.
So, I added the rhino.jar file as a library in my main project, I want to
call some simple methods of the library, (just run some javascript code and
get the results of it).

I am not going to change or edit rhino.jar file, just call it from my main
class. At least what I have understood in M.P.L license, this is a "larger
work" but like binaries are compiled together I am not sure if I need to
make public the entire source code or just link rhino library.

I read here :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.legal/b2Yc9O_RluM

And I am not sure if "call methods from console" means add the library and
call it in your java code.

Sorry about my grammar,
and Thank you mozilla team.

Re: Doubt with M.P.L

Gervase Markham
Hi,

On 16/12/15 18:41, Rattata 2me wrote:
> I am not going to change or edit rhino.jar file, just call it from my main
> class. At least what I have understood in M.P.L license, this is a "larger
> work" but like binaries are compiled together I am not sure if I need to
> make public the entire source code or just link rhino library.

You need to tell people where to find the source code for Rhino. You do
not need to make your source code open source in this case.

See https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/MPL/1.1/FAQ/ . (I believe Rhino still
uses MPL 1.1.)

Gerv