Done !

1234 ... 9

Done !

Jay Garcia
Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.

Jay

Re: Done !

Ed Mullen-9
Jay Garcia wrote on 12/29/2014 12:35 PM:
> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>
> Jay

Congrats, Jay!

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Re: Done !

WaltS48
On 12/29/2014 12:35 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>
> Jay

Happy New Life and Year!

--
One of the millions of "Firefox makes me happy" users
<https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedback/firefox/>

Re: Done !

Bob Henson-4
Jay Garcia wrote:

> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.

Well done - enjoy the rest - if they'll let you have one.

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

She was only a whisky maker's daughter, but he loved her still.

Re: Done !

Ron Hunter
On 12/29/2014 11:35 AM, Jay Garcia wrote:
> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>
> Jay

Spend that time well, you never know how much of it you have....

Re: Done !

Tom Oldman-3
On 12/29/2014 12:35, Jay Garcia wrote:
> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>
> Jay

Yay, Jay.  Been fully retired since 2006 and loving every boring minute
of it.

Re: Done !

Wolf K.
On 2014-12-29 12:35 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>
> Jay

All the best, Jay. Just hang around here a bit, too, ok?

--
Best,
Wolf K.

Re: Done !

W3BNR
On 12/29/2014 12:35 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>
> Jay

Welcome to the land of the retired.  Where time is no longer needed, where you
can do what you want - when you want.  And if you believe that, I have a bridge
between Manhattan & Brooklyn just waiting for you to buy it.  In any case, as I
said - "Welcome to the land of the retired". Enjoy!!

--
Ed, W3BNR
HTTP://JonesFarm.us/W3BNR

"I don't have much of a chemical background but one of the things
 I enjoy the most about retirement is turning beer into urine!"

Re: Done !

The Real Bev
On 12/29/2014 09:35 AM, Jay Garcia wrote:
> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.

Welcome to the REAL world!

Hubby retired at 40 -- from then on the programming he did for money he
did mostly for fun -- he thinks problem solving is fun :-(  I retired in
'95 when I realized I didn't have to take shit like that any more.  I
miss the sociability of work, but not the assholery.

--
Cheers, Bev

Re: Done !

Ray_Net
Tom Oldman wrote on 29/12/2014 21:05:

> On 12/29/2014 12:35, Jay Garcia wrote:
>> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
>> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>>
>> Jay
>>

> Yay, Jay.  Been fully retired since 2006 and loving every boring
> minute of it.

I was retired at the same date. Once a week I go hiking.
Twice a year I spend a week hiking.
I help a webmaster for his website.
And the rest of my life, I take care of my wife and of my grandchildren

Welcome Jay in the world of retired people !

Re: Done !

Big Al-2
The Real Bev wrote on 12/29/2014 5:34 PM:
> I miss the sociability of work, but not the assholery.

+1

And I too love to solve problems, it's the challenge! :-)

Re: Done !

Tom Oldman-3
On 12/29/2014 17:34, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 12/29/2014 09:35 AM, Jay Garcia wrote:
>> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
>> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>
> Welcome to the REAL world!
>
> Hubby retired at 40 -- from then on the programming he did for money he
> did mostly for fun -- he thinks problem solving is fun :-(  I retired in
> '95 when I realized I didn't have to take shit like that any more.  I
> miss the sociability of work, but not the assholery.

My first retirement was in 1980 at age 39.7 from the Navy.  My second
was in 2006 from a communications company.  I've been in computers
(hardware/software/etc) since 1964 and am now designing web sites for
friends and small businesses who can't afford companies to do it for
them.  We take a lot of cruises (7, so far).

Re: Done !

Ed Mullen-9
Tom Oldman wrote on 12/29/2014 7:59 PM:

> On 12/29/2014 17:34, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 12/29/2014 09:35 AM, Jay Garcia wrote:
>>> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
>>> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>>
>> Welcome to the REAL world!
>>
>> Hubby retired at 40 -- from then on the programming he did for money he
>> did mostly for fun -- he thinks problem solving is fun :-(  I retired in
>> '95 when I realized I didn't have to take shit like that any more.  I
>> miss the sociability of work, but not the assholery.
>>

> My first retirement was in 1980 at age 39.7 from the Navy.  My second
> was in 2006 from a communications company.  I've been in computers
> (hardware/software/etc) since 1964 and am now designing web sites for
> friends and small businesses who can't afford companies to do it for
> them.  We take a lot of cruises (7, so far).

Use lots of hand sanitizer!  :-)

Next June we're doing a Bordeaux river cruise. Should be fun as the
couple we traveling with, the guy is a wine connoisseur. I guess I need
to empty out my AMEX card.

Have you noticed how this thread is heavily populated by us old folk?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Re: Done !

PhillipJones-2
Jay Garcia wrote:
> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>
> Jay

At least your alive many here thought you had gone to that Great Beyond
they hadn't heard from you in so long.

Sorry to hear about your retirement. You health will begin to go down
hill from here on out.

I recommend that anyone considering retirement no to do so. Unless you
are mentally or Physically unfit - die with your boots on. Go to work,
come home, go to bed and not wake up the next morning. The best way to
go. Once you retire your destined to a Life of pain misery, suffering,
running out of money.

Last Sept I I found out I had to go on a Blood thinner and pill to
control my Heartbeat because I have Afib. A few years before that Type-2
Diabetes, few years before that Arthritis, few before that GURD (Reflux
disease), before that panic attacks, before that Partial-Complex seizure
disorder. Once a week I fill up my Pill dispenser now all the Meds,
Vitamins and Minerals I am required to take it takes 45 minutes to fill
it. 45 minutes

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.      "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net    mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Done !

Ed Mullen-9
PhillipJones wrote on 12/29/2014 8:56 PM:

> Jay Garcia wrote:
>> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
>> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>>
>> Jay
>>
> At least your alive many here thought you had gone to that Great Beyond
> they hadn't heard from you in so long.
>
> Sorry to hear about your retirement. You health will begin to go down
> hill from here on out.
>
> I recommend that anyone considering retirement no to do so. Unless you
> are mentally or Physically unfit - die with your boots on. Go to work,
> come home, go to bed and not wake up the next morning. The best way to
> go. Once you retire your destined to a Life of pain misery, suffering,
> running out of money.
>
> Last Sept I I found out I had to go on a Blood thinner and pill to
> control my Heartbeat because I have Afib. A few years before that Type-2
> Diabetes, few years before that Arthritis, few before that GURD (Reflux
> disease), before that panic attacks, before that Partial-Complex seizure
> disorder. Once a week I fill up my Pill dispenser now all the Meds,
> Vitamins and Minerals I am required to take it takes 45 minutes to fill
> it. 45 minutes

Jesus, Phil!  How negative can you get?  Okay, you've got issues but,
geez, not everyone does!  Some of us are limping along just fine!

What a downer.

Sorry to hear of your issues but, still, some of us are doing well in
retirement.  Let's celebrate that!

God.  I may go slit my wrists now!

Nah.  Just another Makers Mark.  Now owned by Suntori of Japan.

As are all the Jim Beam Brands.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Re: Done !

Larry Sheldon
On 12/29/2014 11:35, Jay Garcia wrote:
> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers).

I gather you have become a hermit on top of a mountain with no contacts
with wives, neighbors, etc?

Good for you.  I have not been paid for consulting for twenty years or
more, but that is all that changed.

Will be
> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.

Congratulations!

Re: Done !

Tom Oldman-3
On 12/29/2014 20:42, Ed Mullen wrote:

> Tom Oldman wrote on 12/29/2014 7:59 PM:
>>>
>>> Welcome to the REAL world!
>>>
>>> Hubby retired at 40 -- from then on the programming he did for money he
>>> did mostly for fun -- he thinks problem solving is fun :-(  I retired in
>>> '95 when I realized I didn't have to take shit like that any more.  I
>>> miss the sociability of work, but not the assholery.
>>>

>> My first retirement was in 1980 at age 39.7 from the Navy.  My second
>> was in 2006 from a communications company.  I've been in computers
>> (hardware/software/etc) since 1964 and am now designing web sites for
>> friends and small businesses who can't afford companies to do it for
>> them.  We take a lot of cruises (7, so far).
>
> Use lots of hand sanitizer!  :-)
>
> Next June we're doing a Bordeaux river cruise. Should be fun as the
> couple we traveling with, the guy is a wine connoisseur. I guess I need
> to empty out my AMEX card.
>
> Have you noticed how this thread is heavily populated by us old folk?

Yeah, I noticed that, Ed.  I think another common bond is that most of
us have been banned or severely chastised in another support group.  I,
for one, suffer fools badly and tend to react appropriately.  Gets me
into hot water all the time.

Re: Done !

Tom Oldman-3
On 12/29/2014 21:09, Ed Mullen wrote:

> PhillipJones wrote on 12/29/2014 8:56 PM:
>> Jay Garcia wrote:
>>> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
>>> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>>>
>>> Jay
>>>
>> At least your alive many here thought you had gone to that Great Beyond
>> they hadn't heard from you in so long.
>>
>> Sorry to hear about your retirement. You health will begin to go down
>> hill from here on out.
>>
>> I recommend that anyone considering retirement no to do so. Unless you
>> are mentally or Physically unfit - die with your boots on. Go to work,
>> come home, go to bed and not wake up the next morning. The best way to
>> go. Once you retire your destined to a Life of pain misery, suffering,
>> running out of money.
>>
>> Last Sept I I found out I had to go on a Blood thinner and pill to
>> control my Heartbeat because I have Afib. A few years before that Type-2
>> Diabetes, few years before that Arthritis, few before that GURD (Reflux
>> disease), before that panic attacks, before that Partial-Complex seizure
>> disorder. Once a week I fill up my Pill dispenser now all the Meds,
>> Vitamins and Minerals I am required to take it takes 45 minutes to fill
>> it. 45 minutes
>>

> Jesus, Phil!  How negative can you get?  Okay, you've got issues but,
> geez, not everyone does!  Some of us are limping along just fine!
>
> What a downer.
>
> Sorry to hear of your issues but, still, some of us are doing well in
> retirement.  Let's celebrate that!
>
> God.  I may go slit my wrists now!
>
> Nah.  Just another Makers Mark.  Now owned by Suntori of Japan.
>
> As are all the Jim Beam Brands.

I have no qualms about drinking Suntory.  Their brandies and whiskies
are really great.  Spent a log of time in Japan and loved pretty much
everything about it.

Re: Done !

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
Jay Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will
> be making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I
> need/want.

Enjoy!

Re: Done !

PhillipJones-2
Ed Mullen wrote:

> PhillipJones wrote on 12/29/2014 8:56 PM:
>> Jay Garcia wrote:
>>> Now FULLY retired at last. No longer consulting (not computers). Will be
>>> making more dog shows annually now that I have all the time I need/want.
>>>
>>> Jay
>>>
>> At least your alive many here thought you had gone to that Great Beyond
>> they hadn't heard from you in so long.
>>
>> Sorry to hear about your retirement. You health will begin to go down
>> hill from here on out.
>>
>> I recommend that anyone considering retirement no to do so. Unless you
>> are mentally or Physically unfit - die with your boots on. Go to work,
>> come home, go to bed and not wake up the next morning. The best way to
>> go. Once you retire your destined to a Life of pain misery, suffering,
>> running out of money.
>>
>> Last Sept I I found out I had to go on a Blood thinner and pill to
>> control my Heartbeat because I have Afib. A few years before that Type-2
>> Diabetes, few years before that Arthritis, few before that GURD (Reflux
>> disease), before that panic attacks, before that Partial-Complex seizure
>> disorder. Once a week I fill up my Pill dispenser now all the Meds,
>> Vitamins and Minerals I am required to take it takes 45 minutes to fill
>> it. 45 minutes
>>

> Jesus, Phil!  How negative can you get?  Okay, you've got issues but,
> geez, not everyone does!  Some of us are limping along just fine!
>
> What a downer.
>
> Sorry to hear of your issues but, still, some of us are doing well in
> retirement.  Let's celebrate that!
>
> God.  I may go slit my wrists now!
>
> Nah.  Just another Makers Mark.  Now owned by Suntori of Japan.
>
> As are all the Jim Beam Brands.

  Fact are Facts. Every call we get someone is sick, some one died, some
one fell broke bones. I can not remember a time where go any good new
except My youngest Niece got Married. a few day before the event Mother
(90 now) fell in the kitchen (cement floor and injured her back, and arm
and just with the last month has go so she could get around. Waited on
her hand and foot cooking, cleaning, washing clothes dishes, go get
medicine for her and me go to the doctors for me and her, hospital test
for mother. Hospital test for me.  Christmas was Okay but nothing to
write home about. Neither mother or I were in good enough to go
Christmas shopping had to have brother and his wife do our Christmas
shopping for us to give to them and the kids. Don't know what New Years
will be like.

Life might be a Bowl of Roes or peaches today. But they day will come
where you go to bed each night and say why the hxxx am I here. Why did I
deserve all this Pain and misery.  There are some night I wish That I
won't wake up the next morning. I have  desire for suicide. That doesn't
solve anything.