Distributed Social Network Platform

Ethan Smith
How about a distributed FB like platform where the personal information, content, and the social graph are only stored/re-published on P2P basis by members of your network:
Add in some simple retention policies and the can be very lightweight

Lets face it, the main cost/complexity of FB as an enterprise is in the retention of all the content and the facilities for data mining. Strip those out and you have a rather simple messaging/publishing platform based around a network graph. Give people complete control of what to share. Support things like “listener/subscriber only” connections. Support multiple circles/sub-graphs ala the google+ model. Advanced versions could even support alternate apps/plugins within the platform that are strictly controlled by the environment

Lets also accept that the biggest issue with people moving off of FB is the graph. Competing platforms are absolutely useless without a critical mass of your network being on the new platform. Given the current news and mood around FB, now may be the perfect time to launch an alternative that gives people the ease they want without being sacrificed to the data collection gods.

Strike while the iron is hot!

Re: Distributed Social Network Platform

Balaco ocalaB
Em 19-03-2018 12:45, Ethan Smith escreveu:

> How about a distributed FB like platform where the personal information, content, and the social graph are only stored/re-published on P2P basis by members of your network:
> Add in some simple retention policies and the can be very lightweight
>
> Lets face it, the main cost/complexity of FB as an enterprise is in the retention of all the content and the facilities for data mining. Strip those out and you have a rather simple messaging/publishing platform based around a network graph. Give people complete control of what to share. Support things like “listener/subscriber only” connections. Support multiple circles/sub-graphs ala the google+ model. Advanced versions could even support alternate apps/plugins within the platform that are strictly controlled by the environment
>
> Lets also accept that the biggest issue with people moving off of FB is the graph. Competing platforms are absolutely useless without a critical mass of your network being on the new platform. Given the current news and mood around FB, now may be the perfect time to launch an alternative that gives people the ease they want without being sacrificed to the data collection gods.
>
> Strike while the iron is hot!

You should like to discover a lot of things about the Diaspora social
network. It is not your idea, exactly, but maybe you will change (or
add) a few things to your idea.

--
=
        quem você é?