Discovery Engine Startup Seeks Rockstar Firefox Toolbar Developer (Full or Part-time)

Discovery Engine Startup Seeks Rockstar Firefox Toolbar Developer (Full or Part-time)

yourversion
YourVersion http://www.yourversion.com, a startup building the world’s
best discovery engine, seeks a Rockstar Firefox toolbar (XUL)
developer. Currently in private beta, YourVersion gives users the best
way to discover and share personalized, relevant web content related
to their interests. You will be a key member of a small, high-
horsepower team that has significant experience building successful
large-scale consumer sites. We are open to part-time as well as full-
time candidates. Send your resume to [hidden email].

Responsibilities
-Create a great product that our customers love
-Work directly with CEO to design features that help users discover
great content
-Extend the functionality of the current YourVersion v1 Firefox
toolbar

Requirements
-Experience developing Firefox toolbars/extensions
-Experience with Firefox extensions that work with server APIs
-Proficiency with XUL, JavaScript, and HTML
-Proficiency with XML and DOM
-Thrive in fast-paced environments with quick iterations
-Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
-Proficiency using Subversion (SVN)
-BS in Computer Science or equivalent

Bonus points for
-Startup experience
-Proficiency in PHP and/or MySQL
-Passion for the discovery/recommendation engine space

YourVersion is located in downtown Palo Alto. The CEO and founder of
YourVersion, Dan Olsen has a technical background, Stanford MBA, and
17 years of high-tech experience. He led product management for
Quicken and Friendster and has advised many startups. Dan is
passionate about building successful, large-scale consumer sites and
has spoken at the O’Reilly Web 2.0 Expo and other conferences. More
details at http://www.linkedin.com/in/danolsen98

If you’re a Rockstar who can help build the world’s best discovery
engine, send your resume to [hidden email]. We are pre-funding
and in talks with investors right now, so this is a great time to join
our team. We are interested in talking to qualified candidates whether
you prefer to join before or after the first round is raised. We are
open to full-time and part-time candidates, as well as working on a
project basis.

Send your resume to [hidden email].

We are also hiring for other developer positions; more details at
http://www.yourversion.com/jobs

http://www.yourversion.com
discover your version of the web