Disappearing Text in Email Message Body

Roger-23
For some reason I am not receiving the text of an email from one
individual.  I am using Netscape 7.2 for my email.  I have Windows XP,
2nd ed. on my computer.  I have no problems with any one else, nor does
any one else seem to have problems receiving the text of messages from
him.  The address and Subject lines do show up on the computer.  When i
click on View / Message Source I can see the message along with all the
encoding information.  I am receiving the Message Body as "Original
HTML"  Switching to the other alternatives makes no difference. Can
anyone help me?

Re: Disappearing Text in Email Message Body

John Thompson
On 2006-01-17, Roger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For some reason I am not receiving the text of an email from one
> individual.  I am using Netscape 7.2 for my email.  I have Windows XP,
> 2nd ed. on my computer.  I have no problems with any one else, nor does
> any one else seem to have problems receiving the text of messages from
> him.  The address and Subject lines do show up on the computer.  When i
> click on View / Message Source I can see the message along with all the
> encoding information.  I am receiving the Message Body as "Original
> HTML"  Switching to the other alternatives makes no difference. Can
> anyone help me?

Have you tried changing fonts, or asking that person to send their
messages in plain text instead of HTML? Perhaps that person is using a
font which cannot be displayed on your computer for some reason.

--

John ([hidden email])

John Thompson wrote:

> On 2006-01-17, Roger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>For some reason I am not receiving the text of an email from one
>>individual.  I am using Netscape 7.2 for my email.  I have Windows XP,
>>2nd ed. on my computer.  I have no problems with any one else, nor does
>>any one else seem to have problems receiving the text of messages from
>>him.  The address and Subject lines do show up on the computer.  When i
>>click on View / Message Source I can see the message along with all the
>>encoding information.  I am receiving the Message Body as "Original
>>HTML"  Switching to the other alternatives makes no difference. Can
>>anyone help me?
>

> Have you tried changing fonts, or asking that person to send their
> messages in plain text instead of HTML? Perhaps that person is using a
> font which cannot be displayed on your computer for some reason.

Others can read his email.  When I check the message by looking at
message source this is what it looks like:

 From - Fri Jan 13 09:17:29 2006
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:04:38 -0600
Subject: Re: Governor's Mansion Reception
To: >