Different figures between Pontoon vs. Dashboard in Firefox for Android es-ES

Different figures between Pontoon vs. Dashboard in Firefox for Android es-ES

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez-3
Hi,

I've noticed that, in the last few weeks, the es-ES dashboard has been
showing 11 untranslated strings (today there are 21 in central because
of 10 actual missing strings in DOM component).

Since the figure was unaltered for so many days, I've just taken a
look to Pontoon figures, and Firefox for Android es-ES is 100 %
translated. 11 strings come from chrome/aboutLogins.properties and
chrome/passwordmanager.properties files, marked as new in the
dashboard, but fully translated in Pontoon.

Should I file a bug?

--
Proyecto NAVE (Mozilla es-ES Localization Team)
Mozilla Hispano Community

Re: Different figures between Pontoon vs. Dashboard in Firefox for Android es-ES

Michal Stanke-2
Hi Ricardo.

That is expected behaviour. As the l10n team switched to x-channel, there
is a quarantine repository containing all strings before the they are
actually exposed to us in Pontoon once a few days. This helps to make sure
we do not work on strings that may change the next hour or be removed
completely again. All products behave like this. See
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.l10n/_K2j7Sg0Orw for
more info.

--
Michal Stanke

[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that, in the last few weeks, the es-ES dashboard has been
> showing 11 untranslated strings (today there are 21 in central because
> of 10 actual missing strings in DOM component).
>
> Since the figure was unaltered for so many days, I've just taken a
> look to Pontoon figures, and Firefox for Android es-ES is 100 %
> translated. 11 strings come from chrome/aboutLogins.properties and
> chrome/passwordmanager.properties files, marked as new in the
> dashboard, but fully translated in Pontoon.
>
> Should I file a bug?
>
> --
> Proyecto NAVE (Mozilla es-ES Localization Team)
> Mozilla Hispano Community

Re: Different figures between Pontoon vs. Dashboard in Firefox for Android es-ES

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Pontoon uses the filtered repository gecko-strings
https://hg.mozilla.org/l10n/gecko-strings

We haven't updated gecko-strings for a few days because we were
waiting for some problematic strings landed in mobile to be updated,
then we hit a bug in the generation of cross-channel and Axel is
working on fixing it.

Note that even in ideal situation (no bugs, no problematic strings),
the dashboard compares l10n-central to the actual repositories
(mozilla-central, mozilla-beta, etc.), so it's expected to have
different numbers than Pontoon.

Francesco