Did anyone have problems connecting to news.mozilla.org earlier today?

Did anyone have problems connecting to news.mozilla.org earlier today?

Ant-21
It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"I'm not a worker ant. I'm like a queen. Or maybe a king. But you never
hear of king ants." --Sean Bentley

Re: Did anyone have problems connecting to news.mozilla.org earlier today?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Ant wrote:

> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Yes, it seemed to be in trouble for a couple of hours. I could get
headers, but no bodies...

--
   -bts

Re: Did anyone have problems connecting to news.mozilla.org earlier today?

Ron Hunter
On 3/30/2014 11:03 PM, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Ant wrote:
>
>> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> Yes, it seemed to be in trouble for a couple of hours. I could get
> headers, but no bodies...

It's been a bit spotty, as has my Charter email.  Network problems?

Re: Did anyone have problems connecting to news.mozilla.org earlier today?

Ralph Fox-4
On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 20:09:33 -0700, Ant wrote:

> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

I had problems with a few groups when I tried retrieving headers
at 2014-03-30 19:26:09 GMT.

I had problems with most groups when I tried retrieving headers
at 2014-03-30 23:51:26 GMT.

It seemed to be working again at 2014-03-31 00:03:44 GMT.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Ron Hunter wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Ant wrote:
>>> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance. :)
>>
>> Yes, it seemed to be in trouble for a couple of hours. I could get
>> headers, but no bodies...
>>
> It's been a bit spotty, as has my Charter email.  Network problems?

Doubtful. I'm not a Charter user and my email and all other Internet
access was fine. Giganews's server was the problem.

--
   -bts

Re: Did anyone have problems connecting to news.mozilla.org earlier today?

Daniel-257
On 31/03/2014 2:09 PM, Ant wrote:
> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

May be related or not....!

Last couple of days, I've been getting booted off (Connection reset) the
SeaMonkey IRC chn irc://moznet/seamonkey every 5/6/7 minutes.

My ISP provided irc chn just goes on and on.

Anybody else experiencing similar??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/28.0 SeaMonkey/2.25 Build identifier: 20140211200211

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.25 Build identifier: 20140211195952

Re: Did anyone have problems connecting to news.mozilla.org earlier today?

WaltS48
On 03/30/2014 11:09 PM, Ant wrote:
> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Yep, about 6:00 PM EDT last night. No problem when I pinged
news.mozilla.org, but no posts downloaded when I started TB 24.4.0.

Nothing downloaded from Mozilla using Daily 31.0a1 which I hadn't used
for 3 days.

On 03/31/2014 07:54 AM, Daniel wrote:

> On 31/03/2014 2:09 PM, Ant wrote:
>> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> May be related or not....!
>
> Last couple of days, I've been getting booted off (Connection reset) the
> SeaMonkey IRC chn irc://moznet/seamonkey every 5/6/7 minutes.
>
> My ISP provided irc chn just goes on and on.
>
> Anybody else experiencing similar??

I use irc.mozilla.org in Thunderbird and haven't experienced any problems.

Re: Did anyone have problems connecting to news.mozilla.org earlier today?

RAV-2
On 3/30/2014 11:09 PM, Ant wrote:
> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Yes.  In the evening here (East Coast).  Headers downloaded, but it just
hung trying to display the message bodies.  It's working this morning,
but seems slower than usual.

On 3/31/2014 6:42 AM, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Ron Hunter wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>>> Yes, it seemed to be in trouble for a couple of hours. I could get
>>> headers, but no bodies...
>>>
>> It's been a bit spotty, as has my Charter email.  Network problems?
>
> Doubtful. I'm not a Charter user and my email and all other Internet
> access was fine. Giganews's server was the problem.

It is quite difficult to decide if the problem is a server, router, or
even a client program.  My Android tablet wasn't able to get my email,
but my iPhone had no problem.  Strange, and complex issue.

Re: Did anyone have problems connecting to news.mozilla.org earlier today?

Sjouke Burry
On 31.03.14 6:03, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Ant wrote:
>
>> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> Yes, it seemed to be in trouble for a couple of hours. I could get
> headers, but no bodies...

Jep. no response for some hours, then flaky for a time.

On 31/03/14 23:52, WaltS wrote:

> On 03/31/2014 07:54 AM, Daniel wrote:
>> On 31/03/2014 2:09 PM, Ant wrote:
>>> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance. :)
>>
>> May be related or not....!
>>
>> Last couple of days, I've been getting booted off (Connection reset) the
>> SeaMonkey IRC chn irc://moznet/seamonkey every 5/6/7 minutes.
>>
>> My ISP provided irc chn just goes on and on.
>>
>> Anybody else experiencing similar??
>>

> I use irc.mozilla.org in Thunderbird and haven't experienced any problems.

Thanks, Walt, it may be the Telecom company my ISP uses that is causing
the problem .... I've emailed my ISP and he's checked with the Telsco
... we'll see if that has any effect!!

On 03/31/2014 08:48 AM, WaltS wrote:

> On 03/30/2014 11:09 PM, Ant wrote:
>> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>

> Yep, about 6:00 PM EDT last night. No problem when I pinged
> news.mozilla.org, but no posts downloaded when I started TB 24.4.0.
>
> Nothing downloaded from Mozilla using Daily 31.0a1 which I hadn't used
> for 3 days.

And noticed problems today between 12:30 PM and 1:15 PM EDT.

Posts just downloaded.

On 4/1/2014 1:16 PM, WaltS wrote:

> On 03/31/2014 08:48 AM, WaltS wrote:
>> On 03/30/2014 11:09 PM, Ant wrote:
>>> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance. :)
>>

>> Yep, about 6:00 PM EDT last night. No problem when I pinged
>> news.mozilla.org, but no posts downloaded when I started TB 24.4.0.
>>
>> Nothing downloaded from Mozilla using Daily 31.0a1 which I hadn't used
>> for 3 days.
>>

> And noticed problems today between 12:30 PM and 1:15 PM EDT.
>
> Posts just downloaded.

Same here.  I noticed on http://status.mozilla.com/ that they're having
some performance issues with some servers, but I'm not sure they're
directly related to these newsgroup issues.

Re: Did anyone have problems connecting to news.mozilla.org earlier today?

Ant-21
On 3/31/2014 4:42 AM PT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty typed:

>>> Yes, it seemed to be in trouble for a couple of hours. I could get
>>> headers, but no bodies...
>>>
>> It's been a bit spotty, as has my Charter email.  Network problems?
>
> Doubtful. I'm not a Charter user and my email and all other Internet
> access was fine. Giganews's server was the problem.

That explains why EarthLink's NNTP server having issues too since it
relies on GigaNews.
--
"Individually, ants are stupid. Together, they're brilliant." --unknown

On 3/04/2014 12:26 AM, Ant wrote:

> On 3/31/2014 4:42 AM PT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty typed:
>
>  >>>> It was about 1:45 PM PDT and 2:00 PM PDT when I tried it. :(

>>> It's been a bit spotty, as has my Charter email.  Network problems?
>>
>> Doubtful. I'm not a Charter user and my email and all other Internet
>> access was fine. Giganews's server was the problem.
>
> That explains why EarthLink's NNTP server having issues too since it
> relies on GigaNews.

Per chance, Giganews doesn't host free.teranews.com as well does it, as
I've been losing them the last couple of nights as well??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/28.0 SeaMonkey/2.25 Build identifier: 20140211200211

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.25 Build identifier: 20140211195952

Re: Did anyone have problems connecting to news.mozilla.org earlier today?

Ant-21
On 4/3/2014 2:07 AM PT, Daniel typed:
>>> Doubtful. I'm not a Charter user and my email and all other Internet
>>> access was fine. Giganews's server was the problem.
>>
>> That explains why EarthLink's NNTP server having issues too since it
>> relies on GigaNews.
>
> Per chance, Giganews doesn't host free.teranews.com as well does it, as
> I've been losing them the last couple of nights as well??

No idea? Ask Teranews.com? Tracerouting it doesn't seem to show any
evidences.

On 04/04/14 00:51, Ant wrote:

> On 4/3/2014 2:07 AM PT, Daniel typed:
>>>
>>> That explains why EarthLink's NNTP server having issues too since it
>>> relies on GigaNews.
>>
>> Per chance, Giganews doesn't host free.teranews.com as well does it, as
>> I've been losing them the last couple of nights as well??
>
> No idea? Ask Teranews.com? Tracerouting it doesn't seem to show any
> evidences.

The reason I, jokingly, made my suggestion, was that over the last
three-four nights, at about 23:00 local (+/_ 2 mins), I've lost comms
with both news.mozilla.com and free.teranews.com, but, tonight at least,
my comms problem is back to the old, established, problem, where,
although my USB modem's lights indicate I'm still connected, I just
cannot do anything, browser/M&N/IRC, for 30 minutes, then everything is
fine for a while, then another 30 min outages, etc..

This problem has been traced by my ISP to the telcon who's wireless
service my ISP uses.