Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

GerardJan-8
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group? back to the eighties

GerardJan-8
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

Wolf K.
On 2019-01-25 12:33, Disaster Master wrote:
> On Thu Jan 24 2019 17:06:01 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), WaltS48
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Wouldn't a wall on the border be an obstacle to those that want to live
>> a better life in our wonderful country,
> Wouldn't locked doors on your house be an obstacle to those who believe
> they have a right to your stuff? What a stupid brain dead question. Of
> course it is, and that is the point.
>
> American Citizens have the Right to be here. Non-Citizens do not.

Er, lots of non-citizens have the right to be in the USA. Some for a set
time, some with no set time limit.

> Name me one (free and prosperous) country that has open borders...

Of course the USA doesn't have open borders. No country does.

Like other countries, the USA has controlled points of entry. BTW,
that's where almost all of your illegal aliens get into the USA: They
enter legally, and then, er, forget to leave.

The USA also has patrolled borders. And like all those of all other
countries, these patrolled borders are leaky.

So you see, the USA is like pretty well everybody else.

Have a good day,

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

Disaster Master
On 1/25/2019, 5:43:21 PM, Wolf K <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 2019-01-25 12:33, Disaster Master wrote:
>> On Thu Jan 24 2019 17:06:01 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), WaltS48
>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> Wouldn't a wall on the border be an obstacle to those that want to live
>>> a better life in our wonderful country,

>> Wouldn't locked doors on your house be an obstacle to those who believe
>> they have a right to your stuff? What a stupid brain dead question. Of
>> course it is, and that is the point.
>>
>> American Citizens have the Right to be here. Non-Citizens do not.

> Er, lots of non-citizens have the right to be in the USA. Some for a set
> time, some with no set time limit.

True, thank you for pointing out my mistake. I should have said 'those
who entered here illegally', but I think that was (or should have been)
clear from the context.

>> Name me one (free and prosperous) country that has open borders...

> Of course the USA doesn't have open borders. No country does.

Which makes my point - many people, including the person I was
responding to, is in favor of open borders.

> Like other countries, the USA has controlled points of entry. BTW,
> that's where almost all of your illegal aliens get into the USA: They
> enter legally, and then, er, forget to leave.

This is simply not true. Many, maybe, but the vast majority come in via
the uncontrolled open parts of the border - you know, the places where
the Wall is needed.

> The USA also has patrolled borders. And like all those of all other
> countries, these patrolled borders are leaky.

Exactly the point - plug the leakiest places.

> So you see, the USA is like pretty well everybody else.

Thanks for making another point. Sorry, but I do not want what is
currently happening in Europe to happen here.

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

Terry
On 1/18/2019 8:19 AM On a whim, jetjock pounded out on the keyboard

> Daniel wrote:
>> jetjock wrote on 18/01/2019 2:53 AM:

>>> Well, I guess I livened it up a little anyway!  :-)
>>>
>> Yeah!! ;-P
>>
> I really miss the "good ol' days" when folks used to get excited about
> stuff! When "JoeS", "The Purple Hippo", "Jay Garcia" and others I can't
> remember, used to see who could develop the neatest scripts to animate
> things and argue about "top posting" vs "bottom posting" etc.. But I
> guess as Thomas Wolfe said, "You Can't Go Home Again"!  :-(

You're referring to the secnews server, when moderators didn't kill
posts on whims, so we could carry on conversations without worry of
being "on topic".

The scripting we used to do for Thunderbird was fun, but Mozilla
destroyed that also for the most part.