Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

Disaster Master
On Wed Jan 23 2019 00:33:31 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Daniel
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Disaster Master wrote on 23/01/2019 4:05 AM:
>> On Fri Jan 18 2019 16:18:42 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), WaltS48
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> “Don’t give up. Don’t allow it to happen. If there’s a concrete wall in
>>> front of you, go through it, go over it, go around it, but get to the
>>> other side of that wall.”
>>> Donald Trump - 2004

>> And contrary to what many TDS sufferers think, this comment had nothing
>> to do with a physical wall, much less one at the border.

> Oh!! Really!! Surely you jest .... or Walt does!! Or Donald did!!

Or you are now? Seriously, have you never heard of context? The context
in which Trump said this, as well as the words pre and post, make it
very clear.

There is a thing called 'internet search'... try it some time.

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

Daniel-2
Disaster Master wrote on 24/01/2019 1:10 AM:

> On Wed Jan 23 2019 00:33:31 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Daniel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Disaster Master wrote on 23/01/2019 4:05 AM:
>
>>> And contrary to what many TDS sufferers think, this comment had nothing
>>> to do with a physical wall, much less one at the border.
>
>> Oh!! Really!! Surely you jest .... or Walt does!! Or Donald did!!
>
> Or you are now? Seriously, have you never heard of context? The context
> in which Trump said this, as well as the words pre and post, make it
> very clear.
>
> There is a thing called 'internet search'... try it some time.

"TDS"?? "Trump, Donald Syndrome"??

Yes, I am aware of "a thing called 'internet search'" ... and I have
done such ... when I saw any need for it!!

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

Disaster Master

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=TDS+trump

> Yes, I am aware of "a thing called 'internet search'" ... and I have
> done such ... when I saw any need for it!!

So, making bad ass-u-me-ptions (that Walts stupid quote of Trumps had
anything to do with 'the' wall) doesn't qualify as a need for it?

For those who give a shit, he was talking to some graduating students in
a 2004 ceremony, in very general terms, about not letting obstacles get
in your way of success.

Again, nothing whatsoever to do with a wall on the Border/ border security.

In other words... just more TDS   F A K E   N E W S

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

WaltS48-9
On 1/24/19 3:58 PM, Disaster Master wrote:

> On Thu Jan 24 2019 03:15:02 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Daniel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> "TDS"?? "Trump, Donald Syndrome"??
>
> http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=TDS+trump
>
>> Yes, I am aware of "a thing called 'internet search'" ... and I have
>> done such ... when I saw any need for it!!
>
> So, making bad ass-u-me-ptions (that Walts stupid quote of Trumps had
> anything to do with 'the' wall) doesn't qualify as a need for it?
>
> For those who give a shit, he was talking to some graduating students in
> a 2004 ceremony, in very general terms, about not letting obstacles get
> in your way of success.
>
> Again, nothing whatsoever to do with a wall on the Border/ border security.
>
> In other words... just more TDS   F A K E   N E W S

Wouldn't a wall on the border be an obstacle to those that want to live
a better life in our wonderful country, where the Commerce Secretary
worth over $700 million dollars doesn't understand why federal workers
have to use food banks?

<https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wilbur-ross-doesnt-understand-why-federal-workers-are-using-food-banks/>

Doesn't matter if it is a mental or physical wall.

Didn't we open our arms to Vietnamese refugees during or after the
Vietnam War?

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop

WaltS48 wrote on 25/01/2019 9:06 AM:

> On 1/24/19 3:58 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
>> On Thu Jan 24 2019 03:15:02 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Daniel
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> "TDS"?? "Trump, Donald Syndrome"??
>>
>> http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=TDS+trump
>>
>>> Yes, I am aware of "a thing called 'internet search'" ... and I have
>>> done such ... when I saw any need for it!!
>>
>> So, making bad ass-u-me-ptions (that Walts stupid quote of Trumps had
>> anything to do with 'the' wall) doesn't qualify as a need for it?
>>
>> For those who give a shit, he was talking to some graduating students in
>> a 2004 ceremony, in very general terms, about not letting obstacles get
>> in your way of success.
>>
>> Again, nothing whatsoever to do with a wall on the Border/ border
>> security.
>>
>> In other words... just more TDS   F A K E   N E W S
>
> Wouldn't a wall on the border be an obstacle to those that want to live
> a better life in our wonderful country, where the Commerce Secretary
> worth over $700 million dollars doesn't understand why federal workers
> have to use food banks?
>
> <https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wilbur-ross-doesnt-understand-why-federal-workers-are-using-food-banks/>
>
> Doesn't matter if it is a mental or physical wall.
>
> Didn't we open our arms to Vietnamese refugees during or after the
> Vietnam War?

Yes, Walt, but it could possible be argued that "WE" caused the outcome
of the Vietnam War. So accepted the refugees.

The current situation with 'refugees' is not of our making ... except
that Western Civilisation Standards of Living are somewhat better than
for Third World countries!!

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

Disaster Master
On Thu Jan 24 2019 17:06:01 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), WaltS48
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wouldn't a wall on the border be an obstacle to those that want to live
> a better life in our wonderful country,
Wouldn't locked doors on your house be an obstacle to those who believe
they have a right to your stuff? What a stupid brain dead question. Of
course it is, and that is the point.

American Citizens have the Right to be here. Non-Citizens do not.

Name me one (free and prosperous) country that has open borders...

> where the Commerce Secretary worth over $700 million dollars doesn't
> understand why federal workers have to use food banks?

Or Nancy Pelosi goes on vacation during the 'shutdown' in Hawaii and
wants to spend millions more on a PR trip to 'visit the troops'.
Thankfully Trump canceled that 'junk'et.

But seriously... these workers have missed all of 2 paychecks. Anyone
who doesn't have enough savings set aside for at least 2 or 3 months of
living expenses has no one to blame but themselves.

I've read the sob stores of people getting evicted already - some even
days after missing their first check... sorry, but evictions take
months, so the vast majority of these sob stories is just more fake news.

> Doesn't matter if it is a mental or physical wall.

It matters if your intention is to push a false story that Trump used to
be against a border wall.

> Didn't we open our arms to Vietnamese refugees during or after the
> Vietnam War?

Not sure, before my time and don't know anything about it, but fail to
see your point. What does intentionally taking in a specific group for
specific reasons have to do with a border wall?

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

GerardJan-8
Disaster Master wrote:

> On Thu Jan 24 2019 17:06:01 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), WaltS48
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Wouldn't a wall on the border be an obstacle to those that want to live
>> a better life in our wonderful country,
> Wouldn't locked doors on your house be an obstacle to those who believe
> they have a right to your stuff? What a stupid brain dead question. Of
> course it is, and that is the point.
>
> American Citizens have the Right to be here. Non-Citizens do not.
>
> Name me one (free and prosperous) country that has open borders...
>
>> where the Commerce Secretary worth over $700 million dollars doesn't
>> understand why federal workers have to use food banks?
>
> Or Nancy Pelosi goes on vacation during the 'shutdown' in Hawaii and
> wants to spend millions more on a PR trip to 'visit the troops'.
> Thankfully Trump canceled that 'junk'et.
>
> But seriously... these workers have missed all of 2 paychecks. Anyone
> who doesn't have enough savings set aside for at least 2 or 3 months of
> living expenses has no one to blame but themselves.
>
> I've read the sob stores of people getting evicted already - some even
> days after missing their first check... sorry, but evictions take
> months, so the vast majority of these sob stories is just more fake news.
>
>> Doesn't matter if it is a mental or physical wall.
>
> It matters if your intention is to push a false story that Trump used to
> be against a border wall.
>
>> Didn't we open our arms to Vietnamese refugees during or after the
>> Vietnam War?
>
> Not sure, before my time and don't know anything about it, but fail to
> see your point. What does intentionally taking in a specific group for
> specific reasons have to do with a border wall?

I have four children, the oldest, Roland, staid in Jemen for one year to teach
at the university, he lives now in Kent with his Belgian wife Lies (she is a
family doctor). Then comes Liesbeth, she is a psychiatric nurse. Both are Dutch
citizens.
Then come Miriam and David, both have American passports. Miriam takes care of
my finances (because I am manic-depressive). David has his birthday today and
his girlfriend is British, from Jamaica, a beautiful brown girl called Rika.

Karl's version of Parkinson's Law:  Work expands to exceed the time alloted it.

Fedora20
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816

ps. family: https://vinkesteijn.com

GerardJan wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWhx97QvxE&list=RD-KRSpM8Rejs&index=2

and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKwQlm-wldA&list=RD-KRSpM8Rejs&index=3

Karl's version of Parkinson's Law:  Work expands to exceed the time alloted it.

Fedora20
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816

ps. family: https://vinkesteijn.com

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

Wolf K.
On 2019-01-25 12:33, Disaster Master wrote:
> On Thu Jan 24 2019 17:06:01 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), WaltS48
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Wouldn't a wall on the border be an obstacle to those that want to live
>> a better life in our wonderful country,
> Wouldn't locked doors on your house be an obstacle to those who believe
> they have a right to your stuff? What a stupid brain dead question. Of
> course it is, and that is the point.
>
> American Citizens have the Right to be here. Non-Citizens do not.

Er, lots of non-citizens have the right to be in the USA. Some for a set
time, some with no set time limit.

> Name me one (free and prosperous) country that has open borders...

Of course the USA doesn't have open borders. No country does.

Like other countries, the USA has controlled points of entry. BTW,
that's where almost all of your illegal aliens get into the USA: They
enter legally, and then, er, forget to leave.

The USA also has patrolled borders. And like all those of all other
countries, these patrolled borders are leaky.

So you see, the USA is like pretty well everybody else.

Have a good day,

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com

On 1/25/2019, 5:43:21 PM, Wolf K <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 2019-01-25 12:33, Disaster Master wrote:
>> On Thu Jan 24 2019 17:06:01 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), WaltS48
>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> Wouldn't a wall on the border be an obstacle to those that want to live
>>> a better life in our wonderful country,

>> Wouldn't locked doors on your house be an obstacle to those who believe
>> they have a right to your stuff? What a stupid brain dead question. Of
>> course it is, and that is the point.
>>
>> American Citizens have the Right to be here. Non-Citizens do not.

> Er, lots of non-citizens have the right to be in the USA. Some for a set
> time, some with no set time limit.

True, thank you for pointing out my mistake. I should have said 'those
who entered here illegally', but I think that was (or should have been)
clear from the context.

>> Name me one (free and prosperous) country that has open borders...

> Of course the USA doesn't have open borders. No country does.

Which makes my point - many people, including the person I was
responding to, is in favor of open borders.

> Like other countries, the USA has controlled points of entry. BTW,
> that's where almost all of your illegal aliens get into the USA: They
> enter legally, and then, er, forget to leave.

This is simply not true. Many, maybe, but the vast majority come in via
the uncontrolled open parts of the border - you know, the places where
the Wall is needed.

> The USA also has patrolled borders. And like all those of all other
> countries, these patrolled borders are leaky.

Exactly the point - plug the leakiest places.

> So you see, the USA is like pretty well everybody else.

Thanks for making another point. Sorry, but I do not want what is
currently happening in Europe to happen here.

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

Terry
On 1/18/2019 8:19 AM On a whim, jetjock pounded out on the keyboard

> Daniel wrote:
>> jetjock wrote on 18/01/2019 2:53 AM:

>>> Well, I guess I livened it up a little anyway!  :-)
>>>
>> Yeah!! ;-P
>>
> I really miss the "good ol' days" when folks used to get excited about
> stuff! When "JoeS", "The Purple Hippo", "Jay Garcia" and others I can't
> remember, used to see who could develop the neatest scripts to animate
> things and argue about "top posting" vs "bottom posting" etc.. But I
> guess as Thomas Wolfe said, "You Can't Go Home Again"!  :-(

You're referring to the secnews server, when moderators didn't kill
posts on whims, so we could carry on conversations without worry of
being "on topic".

The scripting we used to do for Thunderbird was fun, but Mozilla
destroyed that also for the most part.