Developers Thunderbird meetup in Germany ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Developers Thunderbird meetup in Germany ?

Tito-12

Since i have been search for a long time for Thunderbird meetup for
developers i.e. a way to join and talk to a live person, thus i wanted
to ask the following.

1) does such meetup already exists in Germany?
2) if yes would you please replay to the list here.
3) if not, does anybody have the interested to visit such meetup in Germany?


I am thinking of this to be something like chalk and talk session for
developers on people willing to get into the Thunderbird code base and
are intending to develop and maybe join a team. Maybe one or the other
would be also ready to talk about different aspects of their coding
experience and exchange ideas and experience during the weekend.

regards,

Tito
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Developers Thunderbird meetup in Germany ?

Jörg Knobloch
On 1/12/2016 22:06, Tito wrote:
> Since i have been search for a long time for Thunderbird meetup for
> developers i.e. a way to join and talk to a live person, thus i wanted
> to ask the following.
>
> 1) does such meetup already exists in Germany?
> 2) if yes would you please replay to the list here.
> 3) if not, does anybody have the interested to visit such meetup in Germany?

1) Not to my knowledge. There are meetings of Mozillians in Berlin every
week, I've never been since I believe this is all about Firefox and
other Mozilla activities, like policy making or Rust. There is also an
active German/Austrian/Swiss Mozilla community who meets annually,
again, the focus is not on Thunderbird although Thunderbird is widely
used in Germany.

2) N/A

3) Possibly. I can't travel, but I'm happy to meet in Berlin from time
to time.

Jörg.

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Developers Thunderbird meetup in Germany ?

Philipp Kewisch-2
In reply to this post by Tito-12
On 12/1/16 10:06 PM, Tito wrote:

>
> Since i have been search for a long time for Thunderbird meetup for
> developers i.e. a way to join and talk to a live person, thus i wanted
> to ask the following.
>
> 1) does such meetup already exists in Germany?
> 2) if yes would you please replay to the list here.
> 3) if not, does anybody have the interested to visit such meetup in Germany?
>
>
> I am thinking of this to be something like chalk and talk session for
> developers on people willing to get into the Thunderbird code base and
> are intending to develop and maybe join a team. Maybe one or the other
> would be also ready to talk about different aspects of their coding
> experience and exchange ideas and experience during the weekend.
>
> regards,
>
> Tito
>

Hi Tito,

it sounds great to set up an event like this. Do you have any experience
in doing so and would be willing to get the ball rolling? I am from
Hamburg and am happy to come by if you happen to do it here. There is
also a Hamburg Meetup group not specific to Thunderbird but for all of
Mozilla, I'm sure a few of them would love to come. The same goes for
the Berlin group Jörg mentioned. I am in Berlin occasionally, so I might
be able to make it if the dates are right.

Philipp
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Developers Thunderbird meetup in Germany ?

gNeandr-12
On 02.12.2016 01:09, Philipp Kewisch wrote:

> On 12/1/16 10:06 PM, Tito wrote:
>>
>> Since i have been search for a long time for Thunderbird meetup for
>> developers i.e. a way to join and talk to a live person, thus i wanted
>> to ask the following.
>>
>> 1) does such meetup already exists in Germany?
>> 2) if yes would you please replay to the list here.
>> 3) if not, does anybody have the interested to visit such meetup in Germany?
>>
>>
>> I am thinking of this to be something like chalk and talk session for
>> developers on people willing to get into the Thunderbird code base and
>> are intending to develop and maybe join a team. Maybe one or the other
>> would be also ready to talk about different aspects of their coding
>> experience and exchange ideas and experience during the weekend.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Tito
>>
>
> Hi Tito,
>
> it sounds great to set up an event like this. Do you have any experience
> in doing so and would be willing to get the ball rolling? I am from
> Hamburg and am happy to come by if you happen to do it here. There is
> also a Hamburg Meetup group not specific to Thunderbird but for all of
> Mozilla, I'm sure a few of them would love to come. The same goes for
> the Berlin group Jörg mentioned. I am in Berlin occasionally, so I might
> be able to make it if the dates are right.
>
> Philipp
>
Hi Tito,
good idea for such an exchange. Maybe the problem is to find a place for
it which fits for time and location. Seems you and Jörg are located at
Berlin. Myself I'm at Berlin maybe 2 or 3 times a year only ... and very
occasionally.
Also I know there are others in Germany to work on Thunderbird and
extensions (Axel Grude, Ben Bucksch, more ?) but not sure about their
location.
As Philipp said, it would be great to have such a setup, maybe not only
meeting personally but also using other media.

Günter

PS  See also the R.Kent James mails/postings.
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Developers Thunderbird meetup in Germany ?

Tito-12
Hello Günter,

> Hi Tito,
> good idea for such an exchange. Maybe the problem is to find a place for
> it which fits for time and location. Seems you and Jörg are located at
> Berlin. Myself I'm at Berlin maybe 2 or 3 times a year only ... and very
> occasionally.
I am located in Frankfurt. It looks like Jörg is in Berlin and Philip in
Hamburg.


> Also I know there are others in Germany to work on Thunderbird and
> extensions (Axel Grude, Ben Bucksch, more ?) but not sure about their
> location.
> As Philipp said, it would be great to have such a setup, maybe not only
> meeting personally but also using other media.
>
even better idea, maybe a conference call? This can be definetelly
organised during the weekend.

> Günter
>
> PS  See also the R.Kent James mails/postings.

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird