Developer Education in Accessibility

David Bolter
Hi All,

We now have a freshly installed wiki resource where we can collaborate
on building educational materials. This was spurred along be the
observation that we are seeing more and more blogs and tutorials related
to ARIA and DHTML accessibility. Perhaps it makes sense to work together
on something we can all share the blame for?

http://wiki.codetalks.org/

We need a new logo.
We need authors.
We need advice on organizing the wiki.
We need to figure out what we want this wiki to be.
We includes you.

Thoughts?

cheers,
David

Re: Developer Education in Accessibility

Aaron Leventhal-3
Hi David,

For organization how about:
Basics of Web 2.0 Accessibility
    Keyboard navigation
    Semantics with WAI-ARIA
    Dealing with high contrast themes
JavaScript Widget Accessibility Tutorials
    Checkbox
    Slider
AJAX Accessibility
    Live region introduction
    Chat example
    Scoreboard example
Other resources
    WAI-ARIA specification
    Browser documentation
    WAI-ARIA FAQ
    WAI-ARIA Best Practices

In general once you get enough content to make the site credible, I
would start asking others who have content if they would be willing to
move some over.

As far as content that I've written, on developer.mozilla.org etc.,
we'll have to ask Mozilla. In some cases it might be good just to
provide links to other wiki docs.

- Aaron