Delays in news.mozilla.org

Hartmut Figge
Greetings

Postings to mozilla.support.seamonkey are severely delayed. Testing, if
.general is also affected.

Hartmut

Re: Delays in news.mozilla.org

Hartmut Figge
Hartmut Figge:

>Postings to mozilla.support.seamonkey are severely delayed. Testing, if
>.general is also affected.

No. Hm.

Hartmut

Re: Delays in news.mozilla.org

WaltS48-9
On 5/8/19 2:58 PM, Hartmut Figge wrote:
> Hartmut Figge:
>
>> Postings to mozilla.support.seamonkey are severely delayed. Testing, if
>> .general is also affected.
>
> No. Hm.
>
> Hartmut

Could be m.s.seamonkey is moderated.

I believe I have seen some "Expired" posts lately in that newsgroup.

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop

Re: Delays in news.mozilla.org

Hartmut Figge
WaltS48:

>Could be m.s.seamonkey is moderated.

That's what I suspect.

Hartmut

Re: Delays in news.mozilla.org

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
Hartmut Figge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> WaltS48:
>
> >Could be m.s.seamonkey is moderated.
>
> That's what I suspect.

I don't think so.  AFAIK, the only way* to hold messages for
moderation is to route all messages through the mailing list software,
but the message headers in m.s.seamonkey show that that's not happening.

* not the only way for newsgroups in general, just the only way on n.m.o

Re: Delays in news.mozilla.org

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 08/05/2019 19:57, Hartmut Figge wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Postings to mozilla.support.seamonkey are severely delayed. Testing, if
> .general is also affected.
>
> Hartmut

I think When the moderator tries to block certain user, the entire node
comes crashing.  i have experienced a lot in Firefox and Thunderbird
Newsgroup when nothing from me appears on them for hours (up to 48
hours) and sometimes nothing appears at all.  A few days ago I was not
able to post anything because something was wrong on FF and TB nodes.  I
just gave up and decided to take a few days off from these newsgroups.
In hind sight it was worth it because both Liverpool and Spurs have
reached the Champions League Final to be played on 1st June in Madrid,
Spain.  So if any of you are Dutch or Spanish you'll hate me!! because
Ajax and Barcelona were the teams eliminated in an epic semi-final.

I just posted something on FF newsgroup and it appeared almost
immediately.  So perhaps I am off the moderator's block list for now and
this is shocking to me!!!.

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Delays in news.mozilla.org

Hartmut Figge
😉 Good Guy 😉:

>I think When the moderator tries to block certain user, the entire node
>comes crashing.  i have experienced a lot in Firefox and Thunderbird
>Newsgroup when nothing from me appears on them for hours (up to 48
>hours) and sometimes nothing appears at all.  A few days ago I was not
>able to post anything because something was wrong on FF and TB nodes.

I think I should apologize to the moderator. Something is very wrong on
news.mozilla.org regarding mozilla.support.seamonkey. Unsubsribing and
new subscribing shows strange effects.

Well, I will experiment a little with newsrc-news.mozilla.org and
deleting manually all occurences of mozilla.support.seamonkey. If that
does not help, perhaps waiting some days will. :)

Hartmut