Default CSS?

David E. Ross-3
I have links to two Mozilla Web pages that provided information about
the default values of CSS properties as implemented in Gecko.  The
linked Web pages showed what values would be used in a Web page rendered
by a Mozilla-based browser if that Web page had no CSS.  I had not
visited those links in quite a long time, and they are now 404.

Does Mozilla still have a Web page that shows the default values of CSS
properties?

Re: Default CSS?

L. David Baron
On Friday 2017-06-23 13:04 -0700, David E. Ross wrote:
> I have links to two Mozilla Web pages that provided information about
> the default values of CSS properties as implemented in Gecko.  The
> linked Web pages showed what values would be used in a Web page rendered
> by a Mozilla-based browser if that Web page had no CSS.  I had not
> visited those links in quite a long time, and they are now 404.
>
> Does Mozilla still have a Web page that shows the default values of CSS
> properties?

The user-agent style sheets, if that's what you're talking about,
are primarily in the .css files in
https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/layout/style/res , in
particular ua.css, html.css, forms.css, and (for quirks mode)
quirk.css.  (There are also a few bits that are generated in code
based on user preferences.)

Or do you just want a table of the initial values of the properties?
One could certainly be extracted from
https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/layout/style/test/property_database.js

-David

--
𝄞   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂
𝄢   Mozilla                          https://www.mozilla.org/   𝄂

Re: Default CSS?

David E. Ross-3
On 6/23/2017 3:12 PM, L. David Baron wrote:

> On Friday 2017-06-23 13:04 -0700, David E. Ross wrote:
>> I have links to two Mozilla Web pages that provided information about
>> the default values of CSS properties as implemented in Gecko.  The
>> linked Web pages showed what values would be used in a Web page rendered
>> by a Mozilla-based browser if that Web page had no CSS.  I had not
>> visited those links in quite a long time, and they are now 404.
>>
>> Does Mozilla still have a Web page that shows the default values of CSS
>> properties?
>
> The user-agent style sheets, if that's what you're talking about,
> are primarily in the .css files in
> https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/layout/style/res , in
> particular ua.css, html.css, forms.css, and (for quirks mode)
> quirk.css.  (There are also a few bits that are generated in code
> based on user preferences.)
>
> Or do you just want a table of the initial values of the properties?
> One could certainly be extracted from
> https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/layout/style/test/property_database.js
>
> -David

Thank you.  It was the ua.css and html.css files I sought.

--
David Ross

<http://www.rossde.com/>
President Trump now denies there are any tapes that
recorded his conversations with ex-FBI Director Comey.
Between when Trump hinted there might be such tapes
and his denial, there was sufficient time to destroy
any tapes.