Decommissioning this list (mozilla.dev.tech.xul)

Decommissioning this list (mozilla.dev.tech.xul)

Benjamin Smedberg
As moderator of this list, I am proposing to decommission it
(mozilla.dev.tech.xul and [hidden email]).

This list receives very little traffic, not enough to be a useful
community resource. All of the recent posts to this list are questions
which would now be better on ask.mozilla.org. My intention is to ask
mozilla IT to decommission this list in one week unless there is some
critical reason not to. If you have such a reason, please reach out to me.

--BDS

Re: Decommissioning this list (mozilla.dev.tech.xul)

J Paul Richardson
My only concern would be in archiving the information.  I.E. - after
decomissioning will it still be available (at least for a finite time)
for searching.  I've used it often for that purpose and would hate to
see it lost as a research resource.

- JPR

On 12/10/2014 9:09 AM, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:

> As moderator of this list, I am proposing to decommission it
> (mozilla.dev.tech.xul and [hidden email]).
>
> This list receives very little traffic, not enough to be a useful
> community resource. All of the recent posts to this list are questions
> which would now be better on ask.mozilla.org. My intention is to ask
> mozilla IT to decommission this list in one week unless there is some
> critical reason not to. If you have such a reason, please reach out to
> me.
>
> --BDS

Re: Decommissioning this list (mozilla.dev.tech.xul)

Eric Shepherd
I heard of ask.mozilla.org for the first time ever just this morning, interestingly enough. I am just now about to go look at it and see what it is.