Debugger does not stop for breakpoints or exceptions

Debugger does not stop for breakpoints or exceptions

Abdeladim Gadhi
I am not able to get the debugger to stop for breakpoints and exceptions.
I have the 'Stop for Errors' and the 'Stop for Exceptions' triggers set.
I have the desired HTML page with JavaScript module loaded because the contents
in the HTML page are loaded through the JavaScript.
An oddity however is the manual stopping of the debugger does not work either.
It shows an X with 3 dots to indicate that no scripts are loaded.
Could you please assist?
Thank you

Re: Debugger does not stop for breakpoints or exceptions

Gijs Kruitbosch ("Hannibal")
On 25/11/2009 18:38 PM, Abdeladim Gadhi wrote:
> I am not able to get the debugger to stop for breakpoints and exceptions.
> I have the 'Stop for Errors' and the 'Stop for Exceptions' triggers set.
> I have the desired HTML page with JavaScript module loaded because the contents
> in the HTML page are loaded through the JavaScript.
> An oddity however is the manual stopping of the debugger does not work either.
> It shows an X with 3 dots to indicate that no scripts are loaded.
> Could you please assist?
> Thank you

Which version of Venkman? Which version of Firefox? Is your page public (ie can
we have a link so we can check ourselves)? Does it rely on POST variables? Have
you tried using the "Pretty Print" mode (click the flower button in the
toolbar)? Do you have Firebug installed as well? The two might conflict...

~ Gijs

Re: Debugger does not stop for breakpoints or exceptions

Gijs Kruitbosch ("Hannibal")
1) You probably want to update to Fx 3.5.5
2) You should try to test with Firebug uninstalled, or disabled *in the
addons manager* (not through FB itself). Firefox's internal JSD
component doesn't deal well with having two debuggers trying to use it,
and in particular is known to cause problems of the sort you're seeing.
If you don't want to uninstall Firebug, uninstall Venkman and use the
debugging features in Firebug (which should be able to do what you want,
too, although I can't help you if that fails - other people on the
newsgroup might be able to, though).

Gijs

PS: And please keep the discussion on the newsgroup / mailing list as
well, so other people can give any other advice that they might have. :-)