Debug Mozilla Firefox

Mr.Chaiwat Maneeboon
Hi,
I try to build Mozilla Firefox and debug it. I've modify source code
Firefox by add mozilla-icuthai-2.0.patch for add feature Thai
lint-breaking. In compile process it complete but in runtime process I
get some error.

Error message:
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file
f:/Development/Firefox/mozilla/caps/src/nsScriptSecurityManager.cpp,
line 2953
###!!! ASSERTION: Failed to initialize nsScriptSecurityManager:
'NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)', file
f:/Development/Firefox/mozilla/caps/src/nsScriptSecurityManager.cpp,
line 3018

Environment on build:
Source: Mozilla Firefox 1.5
OS: Microsoft windows Xp Professionnal SP2
Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ .NET version 7.1.3088
mozilla-icuthai-2.0.patch:
http://www.osdev.co.th/download/mozilla-icuthai-2.0.patch

File: .mozconfig
. $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig
export MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1
mk_add_options MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1
export BUILD_OFFICIAL=1
mk_add_options BUILD_OFFICIAL=1
mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=browser
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/obj-dbg-@CONFIG_GUESS@
ac_add_options --enable-application=browser
ac_add_options --enable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-logging
ac_add_options --disable-optimize
ac_add_options --disable-strip
ac_add_options --disable-static
ac_add_options --enable-shared
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --with-icu=E:/icu-lite

Re: Debug Mozilla Firefox

Boris Zbarsky
Mr.Chaiwat Maneeboon wrote:
> WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file
> f:/Development/Firefox/mozilla/caps/src/nsScriptSecurityManager.cpp,
> line 2953

That's the string bundle service.  It's failing to be created or something.
Could it be that the intl lib is not loading right?

-Boris

Re: Debug Mozilla Firefox

Mr.Chaiwat Maneeboon
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Mr.Chaiwat Maneeboon wrote:
>> WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file
>> f:/Development/Firefox/mozilla/caps/src/nsScriptSecurityManager.cpp,
>> line 2953
>
> That's the string bundle service.  It's failing to be created or
> something. Could it be that the intl lib is not loading right?
>
> -Boris

Yes, I look around messages when start Firefox(debug mode) I see something.
        "nsNativeComponentLoader: SelfRegisterDll(i18n.dll) Load FAILED with
error: error 126"
I search "i18n.dll" on Firefox build's directory, I found three
position, see this below.

F:\Development\Firefox\dev-shared-dbg-mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.1.0\mozilla\obj-dbg-i586-pc-msvc\intl\build
F:\Development\Firefox\dev-shared-dbg-mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.1.0\mozilla\obj-dbg-i586-pc-msvc\dist\bin\components
F:\Development\Firefox\dev-shared-dbg-mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.1.0\mozilla\obj-dbg-i586-pc-msvc\dist\gre\components

what should I do?

Re: Debug Mozilla Firefox

Boris Zbarsky
Mr.Chaiwat Maneeboon wrote:
> Yes, I look around messages when start Firefox(debug mode) I see something.
>     "nsNativeComponentLoader: SelfRegisterDll(i18n.dll) Load FAILED with
> error: error 126"

Right.  So now you need to figure out why.

-Boris

Re: Debug Mozilla Firefox

Jungshik Shin
Mr.Chaiwat Maneeboon wrote:

> Yes, I look around messages when start Firefox(debug mode) I see something.
>     "nsNativeComponentLoader: SelfRegisterDll(i18n.dll) Load FAILED with
> error: error 126"

It seems like somehow GetProcAddress (or sth. like that) failed. Windows
error 126 is 'ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND'

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/debug/base/system_error_codes__0-499_.asp

You have to figure out why you got that error. Perhaps, related with the
patch you applied.

Jungshik