DateFormatter (was JSON Methods)

Garrett Smith
On 9/3/07, Lars T Hansen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 9/3/07, Garrett Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 9/3/07, Lars T Hansen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > On 9/2/07, Garrett Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
<snip>

> As we say around here, some prefer the mother and some prefer the
> daughter.  There's no accounting for taste.  etc.  That said, the Date
> class isn't an object of adoration in committee meetings.  Yet what's
> done is done.

A DateFormatter would be quite useful for parse/format functionality.
I can  think of a few times when I have worked with buggy hand-rolled
dateFormatters (and refactored the implementation code to use a
SimpleDateFormat (Java) on the server).
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html

(this deserves a new thread)

Garrett