DOM Inspector for Sunbird

Simon Paquet-3
Hi everyone,

today I built the DOM Inspector extension for Sunbird. Everyone
interested in it, can download it from my website at

http:/www.babylonsounds.com/sunbird/inspector-0.3a2+.xpi

This extension should work for today's and future nightly builds until
Sunbird 0.3 is released. It should ease the pain for everyone, interested
in finding out more about the Sunbird front-end end, theme developers or
other interested parties.

Please try it out and report back here, if you encounter any problems.

Simon
--
Sunbird/Lightning/Calendar Website Maintainer:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar

Re: DOM Inspector for Sunbird

Sailfish
Simon Paquet wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> today I built the DOM Inspector extension for Sunbird. Everyone
> interested in it, can download it from my website at
>
> http:/www.babylonsounds.com/sunbird/inspector-0.3a2+.xpi
>
> This extension should work for today's and future nightly builds until
> Sunbird 0.3 is released. It should ease the pain for everyone, interested
> in finding out more about the Sunbird front-end end, theme developers or
> other interested parties.
>
> Please try it out and report back here, if you encounter any problems.

First, here's my Sunbird UA:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060507
Mozilla Sunbird/0.3a2

When I tried to add DOMi, it refused to accept it until I changed the
minVersion/maxVersion from "0.3a2+" to "0.3a2". On restarting Sunbird, I
was able to bring up DOMi from the Tools menu and even bring up Sunbird
in the DOMi window using, "chrome://calendar/content/calendar.xul" in
the Inspect field but I was unable to actually inspect any of the DOM
elements.

--
Mozilla Tips: http://www.ufaq.org/ , http://ilias.ca/
About Mozilla: http://www.mozilla.com/

Re: DOM Inspector for Sunbird

Stefan Sitter-3
There were major changes done for DOM Inspector itself in the last time
(e.g. Bug 325100). Therefore DOM Inspector will not work with Sunbird
0.3a2, only with newer builds like Sunbird 0.3a2+ as stated in the
original post.

Stefan Sitter wrote:
> There were major changes done for DOM Inspector itself in the last time
> (e.g. Bug 325100). Therefore DOM Inspector will not work with Sunbird
> 0.3a2, only with newer builds like Sunbird 0.3a2+ as stated in the
> original post.

It seems that the nightlies are somewhat obscured from the
Calendar/Sunbird site? Anyway, after I ftp'd the latest nightly and
installed the DOMi extension, it appears to work wonderfully.

Having this ahead of time would've greatly eased getting a theme to work
on it.