DLL to find folder and email info?

Mechaflash
Trying to obtain folder and email info (i.e. how many emails in a specific folder and if email has attachment). Was wondering if any of the DLLs have a function for this? If so, can someone point me in the right direction?

Or if someone can point me to the DLL documentation (if there is any) I can do some digging from there.

Thanks!

Re: DLL to find folder and email info?

Jim-267
On 07/20/2012 10:26 AM, Mechaflash wrote:
> Trying to obtain folder and email info (i.e. how many emails in a
> specific folder and if email has attachment). Was wondering if any of
> the DLLs have a function for this? If so, can someone point me in the
> right direction?
>
> Or if someone can point me to the DLL documentation (if there is any)
> I can do some digging from there.

Why do you want a DLL to do this? What are you trying to do?

- Jim

On Friday, July 20, 2012 4:59:36 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:

> On 07/20/2012 10:26 AM, Mechaflash wrote:
> > Trying to obtain folder and email info (i.e. how many emails in a
> > specific folder and if email has attachment). Was wondering if any of
> > the DLLs have a function for this? If so, can someone point me in the
> > right direction?
> >
> > Or if someone can point me to the DLL documentation (if there is any)
> > I can do some digging from there.
>
> Why do you want a DLL to do this? What are you trying to do?
>
> - Jim

I just figured one of the DLLs contain functions to look into data such as the ones I'm looking for.

Automating file extraction and archiving emails from TBird and I need to verify email count vs. extracted file count, and perform additional tasks if an email has no attachment.

On 07/20/2012 05:02 PM, Mechaflash wrote:
> I just figured one of the DLLs contain functions to look into data
> such as the ones I'm looking for.
>
> Automating file extraction and archiving emails from TBird and I need
> to verify email count vs. extracted file count, and perform
> additional tasks if an email has no attachment.

The easiest way would be to write an extension. nsIMsgFolder has most of
the info you need.

- Jim

Re: DLL to find folder and email info?

Mechaflash
If I have questions on how to utilize those methods, should I create another post, or would it be okay to continue it here?

Re: DLL to find folder and email info?

Andrew Sutherland-3
On 07/23/2012 10:20 AM, Mechaflash wrote:
> If I have questions on how to utilize those methods, should I create another post, or would it be okay to continue it here?

A new thread may be useful for other people looking for similar
information in the future.  Also, it may be worth checking out existing
threads on the topic in the newsgroup.

Either way, you can find a lot of good info to get you started at:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Extensions/Thunderbird/HowTos

There is also information how to use the global database to retrieve
information:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird/Creating_a_Gloda_message_query
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird/Gloda_examples

Andrew

On Monday, July 23, 2012 12:47:13 PM UTC-5, [hidden email] wrote:

> On 07/23/2012 10:20 AM, Mechaflash wrote:
> > If I have questions on how to utilize those methods, should I create another post, or would it be okay to continue it here?
>
> A new thread may be useful for other people looking for similar
> information in the future.  Also, it may be worth checking out existing
> threads on the topic in the newsgroup.
>
> Either way, you can find a lot of good info to get you started at:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Extensions/Thunderbird/HowTos
>
> There is also information how to use the global database to retrieve
> information:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird/Creating_a_Gloda_message_query
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Thunderbird/Gloda_examples
>
> Andrew

Thanks. I'll look into those links before I post anything else.

And thanks again Jim for pointing me towards those set of methods.