Cut and paste

mistofeles
Annoyance:
I have two users A and B in sunbird. I would like to cut or copy an
event from A to B. The cut from A works OK, but it doesn't paste to B
but back to A.

In Edit Event window the line "Calendar file" is gray so.

I'm using WinXP

Re: Cut and paste

Rod Whiteley
Pasi wrote:
> ...it doesn't paste to B but back to A...

It works when I do it.  You must check your list of calendars, hidden
behind the date picker near the top left of the Calendar window.  The
last column there (to the right of the title) selects the calendar where
paste will put the event.

In future versions you will be able to change the calendar when you edit
the event.  Also, the Calendar Folders extension will provide a way to
move large numbers of entries to a different calendar.

--
Rod Whiteley

Re: Cut and paste

mistofeles
Rod Whiteley wrote:

> Pasi wrote:
>
>> ...it doesn't paste to B but back to A...

> It works when I do it.  You must check your list of calendars, hidden
> behind the date picker near the top left of the Calendar window.  The
> last column there (to the right of the title) selects the calendar where
> paste will put the event.
PTM: You are right. Now it works for me too. First when I tried it, I
did the checking but it didn't help. Don't know what I did wrong.

> In future versions you will be able to change the calendar when you edit
> the event.  Also, the Calendar Folders extension will provide a way to
> move large numbers of entries to a different calendar.
PTM: In future versions there might even be a Import/Export tool for
PALM and WinCE ?

Re: Palm and WinCE (was: Cut and paste)

Rod Whiteley
Pasi wrote:
> ...In future versions there might even be a Import/Export tool for
> PALM and WinCE ?

This is less likely as part of the product itself, because it is a big
chunk of code that not everyone needs.  The help has a list of existing
sync solutions, projects, and further information (FinchSync was added
this morning):

http://calendarhelp.mozdev.org/open.xul?topic=share:sync

--
Rod Whiteley