Customizing values on HTML pages

Enda Dowling

I want to Customize my Bugzilla so that the hardware/platform field no longer exists. This has been changed to the names of the programmers for other reasons. Now changing the actual data in the DB was no problem, that’s all good, but I cant change the Name that appears on the HTML file that is generated. So in other words, if you go to ADVANCED SEARCH, where is says HARDWARE, I want it to say PROGRAMMERS.

You would assume that there is some sort of .properties file that contains this but I cant see it.

Anyone got any idea’s?

Enda Dowling

Software Engineer

Sentenial Ltd

Phone: +353 (1) 629 2403

Fax: +353 (1) 6292147

Mobile: 086 1944224

email: [hidden email]

web: www.sentenial.ie

Notice:
The information in this e-mail is intended only for the named recipient and may be privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and do not copy, distribute or take any action based on this e-mail. Sentenial Ltd will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential loss as a result of any virus being passed on or arising from alteration of the contents of this e-mail by a third party. All e-mail sent to or from this address is subject to archive and review by someone other than the intended recipient. Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Sentenial Ltd. All Personal Data acquired by Sentenial Ltd for which the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") applies shall be stored and processed in accordance with the Act. Should you wish to check, amend or remove the details of your Personal Data held by Sentenial Ltd, please contact us at <a href="BLOCKED::mailto:info@sentenial.ie" title="mailto:info@sentenial.ie">info@....

Re: Customizing values on HTML pages

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 15:32 +0100, Enda Dowling wrote:

> I want to Customize my Bugzilla so that the hardware/platform field no
> longer exists. This has been changed to the names of the programmers
> for other reasons. Now changing the actual data in the DB was no
> problem, that’s all good, but I cant change the Name that appears on
> the HTML file that is generated. So in other words, if you go to
> PROGRAMMERS.
>
> You would assume that there is some sort of .properties file that
> contains this but I cant see it.
>
> Anyone got any idea’s?

        If you're using a recent version of Bugzilla, you're looking for the
field-descs.html.tmpl in the template/ directory, which I think is under
the global/ section of the templates.

        It won't fix it in every place, though -- you'll want to grep the
templates for places where the words "Hardware" or "Platform" or "Plat"
are specifically used, also.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Everything Solved: Experts at Bugzilla... and everything else, too.