Custom fields - Customizing Who Can Change What - check_can_change_field()

Custom fields - Customizing Who Can Change What - check_can_change_field()

Frank Blumensatt
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to customize who can choose or enter what when
entering a new bug.

I customized, that only the qa-contact is allowed to change the subject of a
bug. I also added two custom fields (great!) and I successfully customized that
only the qa-contact is allowed to edit those custom fields.

Is it also possible to disallow any user to enter anything into those custom
fields when creating a new bug, so only the qa is allowed to change those fields?

Thank you in advance,

kind regards,

Frank

RE: Custom fields - Customizing Who Can Change What - check_can_change_field()

Tosh, Michael J
Remove the ability to set them at creation time. That should fix it.

Re: Custom fields - Customizing Who Can Change What - check_can_change_field()

Frank Blumensatt
Well, stupid question. Sorry for that...

Thanks anyway,

Frank

Tosh, Michael J schrieb:

> Remove the ability to set them at creation time. That should fix it.

Hi g(?),

well, you have to open bugzilla/bug.pm and search for the subroutine
"check_can_change_field". In this routine you have to add your customizations.
Read the above introduction of this sub for further information.

Hope this helps,

kind regards,

Frank

http://www.nabble.com/Custom-fields---Customizing-Who-Can-Change-What---check_can_change_field%28%29-tf4776190.html#a13662426