Custom Fields

Ronnie Jones
After upgrading to 2.20 the customizations that I had in localconfig are
gone. Specifically the changes I needed for the Platform and the
Operating System. I really need to fix this.

At this point I have not found the proper file to edit to correct this.
I'm sure that somebody here can quickly point me to the proper file
easily. Please do.

Also was thinking about a dropdown for users email to avoid having to
type them in the first time. Anybody done that? It sure would be a big
help on this end.

Please copy [hidden email] in your replies.

Thanks in advance for your help.

rlj

Ronnie L. Jones
Motion Computing
8601 RR 2222
Building II
Austin, Texas 78730
512-637-1124

Re: Custom Fields

Marc Schumann
Ronnie,

2005/11/3, Ronnie Jones <[hidden email]>:
> After upgrading to 2.20 the customizations that I had in localconfig are
> gone. Specifically the changes I needed for the Platform and the
> Operating System. I really need to fix this.

Platform and operating system values have moved out of localconfig
into the database. Provided you're a member of the editcomponents
group, you can edit them using the "Field Values" link in the Bugzilla
footer, which brings up editvalues.cgi.
Is it possible that the localconfig file of your old installation was
not in place when you ran checksetup.pl to upgrade? I'm asking because
when initially populating the table with possible platform and
operating system values, checksetup.pl takes the values present in
localconfig. If there is no localconfig file, then it creates a
generic set (which seems to me is what happened to you). If I'm right,
the best thing would be to upgrade again from your old installation
(use a backup copy of the database), this time with localconfig
present. The next best solution is for you to manually enter the
database table entries via said editvalues.cgi.

> Also was thinking about a dropdown for users email to avoid having to
> type them in the first time. Anybody done that? It sure would be a big
> help on this end.

Switch the usemenuforusers parameter on :)
It's a matter of personal preference, but I like the input fields
better. Using the usermatchmode, confirmuniqueusermatch and
maxusermatches parameters, you can have Bugzilla find users by partial
address or partial name. See the descriptions of these parameters.

   Kind regards
      Marc

--
http://wurblzap.net/
Bugzilla hosting and professional support

RE: Custom Fields

Ronnie Jones
Duh, Never noticed it at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for your help Marc.

rlj

2005/11/3, Ronnie Jones <[hidden email]>:
> After upgrading to 2.20 the customizations that I had in localconfig
are
> gone. Specifically the changes I needed for the Platform and the
> Operating System. I really need to fix this.

Platform and operating system values have moved out of localconfig
into the database. Provided you're a member of the editcomponents
group, you can edit them using the "Field Values" link in the Bugzilla
footer, which brings up editvalues.cgi.
Is it possible that the localconfig file of your old installation was
not in place when you ran checksetup.pl to upgrade? I'm asking because
when initially populating the table with possible platform and
operating system values, checksetup.pl takes the values present in
localconfig. If there is no localconfig file, then it creates a
generic set (which seems to me is what happened to you). If I'm right,
the best thing would be to upgrade again from your old installation
(use a backup copy of the database), this time with localconfig
present. The next best solution is for you to manually enter the
database table entries via said editvalues.cgi.

> Also was thinking about a dropdown for users email to avoid having to
> type them in the first time. Anybody done that? It sure would be a big
> help on this end.

Switch the usemenuforusers parameter on :)
It's a matter of personal preference, but I like the input fields
better. Using the usermatchmode, confirmuniqueusermatch and
maxusermatches parameters, you can have Bugzilla find users by partial
address or partial name. See the descriptions of these parameters.

   Kind regards
      Marc

--
http://wurblzap.net/
Bugzilla hosting and professional support

RE: Custom Fields

Ronnie Jones
1 other thing. Can I completely remove the platform links? Our usage is
for both hardware and software and the version field seems to be the
best way to handle this for our application. If not I can go back and
fix the products correctly.

Just a thought,

Thanks again.

rlj

2005/11/3, Ronnie Jones <[hidden email]>:
> After upgrading to 2.20 the customizations that I had in localconfig
are
> gone. Specifically the changes I needed for the Platform and the
> Operating System. I really need to fix this.

Platform and operating system values have moved out of localconfig
into the database. Provided you're a member of the editcomponents
group, you can edit them using the "Field Values" link in the Bugzilla
footer, which brings up editvalues.cgi.
Is it possible that the localconfig file of your old installation was
not in place when you ran checksetup.pl to upgrade? I'm asking because
when initially populating the table with possible platform and
operating system values, checksetup.pl takes the values present in
localconfig. If there is no localconfig file, then it creates a
generic set (which seems to me is what happened to you). If I'm right,
the best thing would be to upgrade again from your old installation
(use a backup copy of the database), this time with localconfig
present. The next best solution is for you to manually enter the
database table entries via said editvalues.cgi.

> Also was thinking about a dropdown for users email to avoid having to
> type them in the first time. Anybody done that? It sure would be a big
> help on this end.

Switch the usemenuforusers parameter on :)
It's a matter of personal preference, but I like the input fields
better. Using the usermatchmode, confirmuniqueusermatch and
maxusermatches parameters, you can have Bugzilla find users by partial
address or partial name. See the descriptions of these parameters.

   Kind regards
      Marc

--
http://wurblzap.net/
Bugzilla hosting and professional support

Re: Custom Fields

Marc Schumann
Ronnie,

2005/11/3, Ronnie Jones <[hidden email]>:
> 1 other thing. Can I completely remove the platform links? Our usage is
> for both hardware and software and the version field seems to be the
> best way to handle this for our application. If not I can go back and
> fix the products correctly.

if by "links" you mean "fields", and if you're a little familiar with
HTML, then yes, easily. In the templates for bug entry and bug
editing, replace the input fields by hidden fields and adjust the
surrounding UI.

   Regards
      Marc