Crashing Mozilla, crashing Mozilla...

Paul B. Gallagher
The following URL consistently crashes my Mozilla 1.7.13:
<http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/t/thelasttimeisawrichard.shtml>

I've tried clearing my cache and relaunching Mozilla, and it doesn't help.

I'm currenly downloading SM 1.1.16, but I need to know whether it's a
problem with my profile (I'm the only one affected) or with the program
(others are also affected). I really don't want to rebuild my profile
from scratch if I don't have to.

Could some brave souls check it out and let me know?

MTIA.

Paul B. Gallagher

Re: Crashing Mozilla, crashing Mozilla...

Annailís
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

> The following URL consistently crashes my Mozilla 1.7.13:
> <http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/t/thelasttimeisawrichard.shtml>
>
> I've tried clearing my cache and relaunching Mozilla, and it doesn't help.
>
> I'm currenly downloading SM 1.1.16, but I need to know whether it's a
> problem with my profile (I'm the only one affected) or with the program
> (others are also affected). I really don't want to rebuild my profile
> from scratch if I don't have to.
>
> Could some brave souls check it out and let me know?
>
> MTIA.

Using Ffox 3.5 Beta 4, the url opens fine but I noticed it wants
a pop-up which I have chosen to disable.
--
Annailís

Re: Crashing Mozilla, crashing Mozilla...

Arne-13
Annailís wrote:

> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> The following URL consistently crashes my Mozilla 1.7.13:
>> <http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/t/thelasttimeisawrichard.shtml>
>>
>> I've tried clearing my cache and relaunching Mozilla, and it doesn't
>> help.
>>
>> I'm currenly downloading SM 1.1.16, but I need to know whether it's a
>> problem with my profile (I'm the only one affected) or with the program
>> (others are also affected). I really don't want to rebuild my profile
>> from scratch if I don't have to.
>>
>> Could some brave souls check it out and let me know?
>>
>> MTIA.
>>
> Using Ffox 3.5 Beta 4, the url opens fine but I noticed it wants a
> pop-up which I have chosen to disable.

No problem using SeaMonkey 1.1.14
Pop-up is blocked.

Arne wrote:

> Annailís wrote:
>
>> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>>
>>> The following URL consistently crashes my Mozilla 1.7.13:
>>> <http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/t/thelasttimeisawrichard.shtml>
>>>
>>> I've tried clearing my cache and relaunching Mozilla, and it doesn't
>>> help.
>>>
>>> I'm currenly downloading SM 1.1.16, but I need to know whether it's a
>>> problem with my profile (I'm the only one affected) or with the program
>>> (others are also affected). I really don't want to rebuild my profile
>>> from scratch if I don't have to.
>>>
>>> Could some brave souls check it out and let me know?
>>>
>>> MTIA.
>>>
>> Using Ffox 3.5 Beta 4, the url opens fine but I noticed it wants a
>> pop-up which I have chosen to disable.
>
> No problem using SeaMonkey 1.1.14
> Pop-up is blocked.

FWIW, IE8 blocks a popup AND an "add-on," saying it's doing so to
protect my Internet security. But as you might expect from Microsoft, it
doesn't tell you what any of these things are or allow you to examine
them and make an informed judgment as to whether to run them. It just
invites you to guess blindly.

Anyone out there still running Mozilla? At the moment, I'm inclined to
guess it's a problem with the site and not with my profile, but I have
no data to go on.

Thanks.

Paul B. Gallagher

Re: Crashing Mozilla, crashing Mozilla...

The Real Bev
Arne wrote:

> Annailís wrote:
>> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>>> The following URL consistently crashes my Mozilla 1.7.13:
>>> <http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/t/thelasttimeisawrichard.shtml>
>>>
>>> I've tried clearing my cache and relaunching Mozilla, and it doesn't
>>> help.
>>>
>>> I'm currenly downloading SM 1.1.16, but I need to know whether it's a
>>> problem with my profile (I'm the only one affected) or with the program
>>> (others are also affected). I really don't want to rebuild my profile
>>> from scratch if I don't have to.
>>>
>>> Could some brave souls check it out and let me know?
>>>
>>> MTIA.
>>>
>> Using Ffox 3.5 Beta 4, the url opens fine but I noticed it wants a
>> pop-up which I have chosen to disable.
>
> No problem using SeaMonkey 1.1.14
> Pop-up is blocked.

Loads fine with FF 3.0.10/linux.  I don't block popups, but I didn't notice
one.  I do use adblock, though.

--
Cheers, Bev

Re: Crashing Mozilla, crashing Mozilla...

PhillipJones
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

> The following URL consistently crashes my Mozilla 1.7.13:
> <http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/t/thelasttimeisawrichard.shtml>
>
> I've tried clearing my cache and relaunching Mozilla, and it doesn't help.
>
> I'm currenly downloading SM 1.1.16, but I need to know whether it's a
> problem with my profile (I'm the only one affected) or with the program
> (others are also affected). I really don't want to rebuild my profile
> from scratch if I don't have to.
>
> Could some brave souls check it out and let me know?
>
> MTIA.

no problem SeaMonkey 1.1.16

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.  "If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net           http://www.vpea.org

Re: Crashing Mozilla, crashing Mozilla...

Ron-76
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

> Arne wrote:
>
>> Annailís wrote:

>>> Using Ffox 3.5 Beta 4, the url opens fine but I noticed it wants a
>>> pop-up which I have chosen to disable.
>>

>> No problem using SeaMonkey 1.1.14
>> Pop-up is blocked.
>

> FWIW, IE8 blocks a popup AND an "add-on," saying it's doing so to
> protect my Internet security. But as you might expect from Microsoft,
> it doesn't tell you what any of these things are or allow you to
> examine them and make an informed judgment as to whether to run them.
> It just invites you to guess blindly.
>
> Anyone out there still running Mozilla? At the moment, I'm inclined to
> guess it's a problem with the site and not with my profile, but I have
> no data to go on.
>
> Thanks.

Loads like a champ here Paul..

  Mozilla 1.7.13 <http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.7.13>

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414
Vista Home basic.
Ron

Re: Crashing Mozilla, crashing Mozilla...

Dennis-77
The Real Bev wrote:

> Arne wrote:
>
>> Annailís wrote:

>>> Using Ffox 3.5 Beta 4, the url opens fine but I noticed it wants a
>>> pop-up which I have chosen to disable.
>>
>> No problem using SeaMonkey 1.1.14
>> Pop-up is blocked.
>
> Loads fine with FF 3.0.10/linux.  I don't block popups, but I didn't
> notice one.  I do use adblock, though.

Firefox 3.0.9 on suse linux. Same results as Bev and I also use adblock.

Dennis

Ron wrote:

> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>
>> Arne wrote:

>>> No problem using SeaMonkey 1.1.14
>>> Pop-up is blocked.
>>
>> FWIW, IE8 blocks a popup AND an "add-on," saying it's doing so to
>> protect my Internet security. But as you might expect from Microsoft,
>> it doesn't tell you what any of these things are or allow you to
>> examine them and make an informed judgment as to whether to run them.
>> It just invites you to guess blindly.
>>
>> Anyone out there still running Mozilla? At the moment, I'm inclined to
>> guess it's a problem with the site and not with my profile, but I have
>> no data to go on.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
> Loads like a champ here Paul..
>
> Mozilla 1.7.13 <http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.7.13>
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414
> Vista Home basic.

Oh, $#!+, that wasn't the answer I wanted to hear.

Thanks for the info.

Ron wrote:

> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>
>> Arne wrote:

>>> No problem using SeaMonkey 1.1.14
>>> Pop-up is blocked.
>>

>> FWIW, IE8 blocks a popup AND an "add-on," saying it's doing so to
>> protect my Internet security. But as you might expect from Microsoft,
>> it doesn't tell you what any of these things are or allow you to
>> examine them and make an informed judgment as to whether to run them.
>> It just invites you to guess blindly.
>>
>> Anyone out there still running Mozilla? At the moment, I'm inclined to
>> guess it's a problem with the site and not with my profile, but I have
>> no data to go on.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
> Loads like a champ here Paul..
>

>  Mozilla 1.7.13 <http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.7.13>
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414
> Vista Home basic.

Loads fine with newly installed SeaMonkey 1.1.16.

Thanks, all.

Paul B. Gallagher

Re: Crashing Mozilla, crashing Mozilla...

squaredancer
On 31.05.2009 10:46, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Paul B.
Gallagher to generate the following:? :

> Ron wrote:
>
>> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

>>> FWIW, IE8 blocks a popup AND an "add-on," saying it's doing so to
>>> protect my Internet security. But as you might expect from Microsoft,
>>> it doesn't tell you what any of these things are or allow you to
>>> examine them and make an informed judgment as to whether to run them.
>>> It just invites you to guess blindly.
>>>
>>> Anyone out there still running Mozilla? At the moment, I'm inclined to
>>> guess it's a problem with the site and not with my profile, but I have
>>> no data to go on.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Loads like a champ here Paul..
>>

>>  Mozilla 1.7.13 <http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.7.13>
>>
>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414
>> Vista Home basic.
>>

> Loads fine with newly installed SeaMonkey 1.1.16.
>
> Thanks, all.

using FF 1.5.0.9 I get a dozen or so "Customize your Zwinkey" popups....

otherwise no probs reading the lyrics!

reg

squaredancer wrote:

> using FF 1.5.0.9 I get a dozen or so "Customize your Zwinkey" popups....

You mean like "Welcome to beautiful Jamaica, have a nice day"?

--
Cheers, Bev
Far away in a strange land