Crash when starting Lightning from SM2.21

Crash when starting Lightning from SM2.21

Andreas Buchinger
I've running SM2.21 since a while and it works well. Although I do not
use it very much I've installed Daves Lightning too and it worked.

Now I can not open the Calendar anymore. Clicking on the Calendar button
crashes SM. Unfortunately not exceptq trap log. Only popuplog.os2 entry -

07-05-2015  11:28:23  SYS2070  PID 0095  TID 0001  Slot 0134
P:\SEAMONKEY2.21\SEAMONKEY!LRQG.EXE
CALBSCMP->XUL.__Z20JS_NewDateObjectMsecP9JSContextd

I fear this is not much info and we can not do much against that crash.
I think I should wait for next SM and Lightning release and try again
with fresh profile. Only wanted to post if someone else searches for
same problem.

Andreas

Re: Crash when starting Lightning from SM2.21

Paul Ratcliffe
On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 11:38:24 +0200, Andreas Buchinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've running SM2.21 since a while and it works well. Although I do not
> use it very much I've installed Daves Lightning too and it worked.
>
> Now I can not open the Calendar anymore. Clicking on the Calendar button
> crashes SM. Unfortunately not exceptq trap log. Only popuplog.os2 entry -

> 07-05-2015  11:28:23  SYS2070  PID 0095  TID 0001  Slot 0134
> P:\SEAMONKEY2.21\SEAMONKEY!LRQG.EXE
> CALBSCMP->XUL.__Z20JS_NewDateObjectMsecP9JSContextd
> 127
>
> I fear this is not much info and we can not do much against that crash.
> I think I should wait for next SM and Lightning release and try again
> with fresh profile. Only wanted to post if someone else searches for
> same problem.

It's not a crash. It's a missing entry point in a DLL. Welcome to DLL
Hell. Changing profiles isn't going to fix it. Get a clue.

Paul Ratcliffe schrieb:

> On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 11:38:24 +0200, Andreas Buchinger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've running SM2.21 since a while and it works well. Although I do not
>> use it very much I've installed Daves Lightning too and it worked.
>>
>> Now I can not open the Calendar anymore. Clicking on the Calendar button
>> crashes SM. Unfortunately not exceptq trap log. Only popuplog.os2 entry -

>> 07-05-2015  11:28:23  SYS2070  PID 0095  TID 0001  Slot 0134
>> P:\SEAMONKEY2.21\SEAMONKEY!LRQG.EXE
>> CALBSCMP->XUL.__Z20JS_NewDateObjectMsecP9JSContextd
>> 127
>>
>> I fear this is not much info and we can not do much against that crash.
>> I think I should wait for next SM and Lightning release and try again
>> with fresh profile. Only wanted to post if someone else searches for
>> same problem.
>
> It's not a crash. It's a missing entry point in a DLL. Welcome to DLL
> Hell. Changing profiles isn't going to fix it. Get a clue.

Ah now it makes sense. I least IMHO. As I do test FF31 I usually start
it before SM and so the FF version of xul is loaded. Probably the FF
version misses some things SM/Lightning needs.

Thx

Re: Crash when starting Lightning from SM2.21

Dave Yeo-3
On 07/05/15 05:26 AM, Andreas Buchinger wrote:

> Paul Ratcliffe schrieb:
>> On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 11:38:24 +0200, Andreas Buchinger <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've running SM2.21 since a while and it works well. Although I do not
>>> use it very much I've installed Daves Lightning too and it worked.
>>>
>>> Now I can not open the Calendar anymore. Clicking on the Calendar button
>>> crashes SM. Unfortunately not exceptq trap log. Only popuplog.os2
>>> entry -

>>> 07-05-2015  11:28:23  SYS2070  PID 0095  TID 0001  Slot 0134
>>> P:\SEAMONKEY2.21\SEAMONKEY!LRQG.EXE
>>> CALBSCMP->XUL.__Z20JS_NewDateObjectMsecP9JSContextd
>>> 127
>>>
>>> I fear this is not much info and we can not do much against that crash.
>>> I think I should wait for next SM and Lightning release and try again
>>> with fresh profile. Only wanted to post if someone else searches for
>>> same problem.
>>
>> It's not a crash. It's a missing entry point in a DLL. Welcome to DLL
>> Hell. Changing profiles isn't going to fix it. Get a clue.
>>
> Ah now it makes sense. I least IMHO. As I do test FF31 I usually start
> it before SM and so the FF version of xul is loaded. Probably the FF
> version misses some things SM/Lightning needs.

You are using the correct Lightning? Lightning is tied to specific
versions (point releases usually OK) as calbscmp.dll is linked against
xul.dll and built during the SM/TB build process and compatible between
SM/TB.
Dave

Dave Yeo schrieb:

> On 07/05/15 05:26 AM, Andreas Buchinger wrote:
>> Paul Ratcliffe schrieb:

>>> It's not a crash. It's a missing entry point in a DLL. Welcome to DLL
>>> Hell. Changing profiles isn't going to fix it. Get a clue.
>>>
>> Ah now it makes sense. I least IMHO. As I do test FF31 I usually start
>> it before SM and so the FF version of xul is loaded. Probably the FF
>> version misses some things SM/Lightning needs.
>>

> You are using the correct Lightning? Lightning is tied to specific
> versions (point releases usually OK) as calbscmp.dll is linked against
> xul.dll and built during the SM/TB build process and compatible between
> SM/TB.
> Dave
Yes, starting SM with libpathstrict works. I forgot how to use 'run'
correctly so I run into this problem. Reread 'run readme' and now FF and
SM works together as the should.

Andi